Defender's Quest, the indie RPG/tower defence hybrid from Level Up Labs, is now out on PC, Linux and Mac... and it's looking very impressive indeed if you're a fan of either genre. Traditional tower defence mechanics go hand in hand with storytelling and persistent character development, complete with items to equip and skill trees to pore over.
Level Up Labs have provided us with a voucher code so you, dear reader, can save a dollar on the $6.99 asking price. Pop DEALSPWN into the voucher code box (which can be found after you've entered billing address details but before you confirm payment) and the price will be magically updated. Every little helps!
You can also download the demo to try before you buy - and import your save files into the full game if you dig it. We're working on our full review as you read this sentence, and we've got more details below.
In typically anarchic indie style, Level Up have summed up what you can expect from Defender's Quest. With lots of exclamation points, naturally.
- DRM Free!
- Import save file from the demo!
- Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux!
- Tower-defense style tactical battle system!
- Customizable characters!
- Story written by USDA certified English major! *
- 100 Uniquely designed battle challenges over 34 maps!
- Extreme challenges for Hardcore types!
- Casual challenges for Your Mom! **
- Skippable / pausable cutscenes!
- Accessibility features for gamers with disabilities!
- Bonus "endless" challenge modes! (Not available in demo)
- Multiple bullet points!
*The U.S. Department of Agriculture does not certify the freshness of domestically grown English Majors.
**The USDA has certified, however, that your mother is a classy lady. You should call her sometime, she misses you.
More features including new 'endless' battles, extra story scenes, hidden secrets and end-game content will be added for free over the coming months.