11 Bit Studios have unveiled a sequel to Anomaly: Warzone Earth, which will expand the original 'tower offence' game with morphing war mechs, battle squads, branching storylines and more. We've got all the details, including gameplay features, premise, screenshots and announcement trailer, after the break.
In the years following the invasion of Earth in 2018, the planet is overrun by alien machines. Humankind is on the verge of extinction. Banded together in huge convoys, they search the frozen tundra for food and supplies. Since the war, the roles have been reversed: now our species seems to be the Anomaly on a machine-controlled planet. Your convoy, Commander, is called Yukon.
In gameplay terms, Anomaly 2 will offer a refined mix of real-time strategy and tower defence mechanics, with the following new gameplay additions:
- Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
- Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
- Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
- Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With more than a million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
- Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the team’s new and improved visual engine.
- Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.
Anomaly 2 is slated for a "Q2 2013" launch on PC, Mac and Linux. It'll cost $14.99 (EU pricing TBA).
Screenshots! Click to embiggen.