And just like that, we're excited for BioShock Infinite again. Irrational Games' Ken Levine has revealed a gorgeous collector's edition for the delayed airborne FPS, featuring a nine and a half inch statue of the menacing Songbird designed by veteran artist Robb Waters.
A premium edition will also be available, containing a smaller if still impressive selection of swag - full details below.
"Imagine you get to work with Robb Waters, the concept artist who visualized the cover of System Shock," Levine wrote on the Irrational Games blog. "The Trickster in Thief. Man-Bot in Freedom Force. BioShock’s Little Sisters. Sander Cohen. And BioShock Infinite’s Songbird."
"Now imagine you can get him to personally conceive and oversee the production of the coolest statue in the world."
"Then imagine we put that huge sucker in a period-style box, with custom artwork by Robb and Irrational concept artist Jorge Lacera. And that box went IN the collector’s edition box so you could leave that guy unpunched in his original packaging while you tear happily into the rest of the goodies."
If you're not willing to pony up the $150 required for the Ultimate Songbird Edition but still want some extra swag, perhaps the Premium Edition will float your boat. Here's the loot list, which will also be included in the Ultimate Songbird box.
- A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica.
- A 5 x 7-inch lithograph by Jorge Lacera.
- A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
- A mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed cover.
- Various digital goodies: exclusive in-game gear, a digital soundtrack, and platform specific downloadable content (Avatar costumes for Xbox 360, and Themes for PC and PlayStation 3).
BioShock Infinite releases in February 2013 (hopefully), with collector's edition pre-orders opening soon.
[thanks for the tip, ODB]