Rising Star Games, the boutique publisher who thrives on bringing niche import titles to the UK, has signed two BIT.TRIP collections from Gaijin Games. BIT.TRIP COMPLETE and BIT.TRIP SAGA contains all six of the excellent music games, and mark the first time a collection of these highly-regarded (and mind-blowingly colourful) titles will appear at traditional retail as opposed to digital downloads. Players will be able to enjoy the rhythmic galaxies and ride along with CommanderVideo as he completes his mission and returns home.
BIT.TRIP COMPLETE is headed to the Wii and contains a huge amount of extra features, while SAGA will be hitting the 3DS with full 3D support. We can't wait to see how long our retinas last under sustained visual assault.
Both collections have been dated for Q1 2012, and we've got more details after the break.
Each compilation contains the following games:
- BIT.TRIP BEAT marks the beginning of CommanderVideo’s epic journey
- BIT.TRIP CORE is the second instalment in CommanderVideo’s soul quest
- BIT.TRIP VOID continues CommanderVideo’s epic journey
- BIT.TRIP Runner marks the first fully character-based adventure for CommanderVideo
- BIT.TRIP FATE is the penultimate chapter in the six-part BIT.TRIP series and will leave you wondering what’s next
- BIT.TRIP FLUX, CommanderVideo’s final adventure
On top of that, BIT.TRIP COMPLETE will also ship with a nifty selection of extra content:
- New audio gallery with fan remixes, original songs and demo versions of existing BIT.TRIP themes
- An image gallery with exclusive production stills, concept art and promo images
- A video gallery with more than 25 movies telling the story of CommanderVideo
- Six letters to BIT.TRIP fans written by the series’ director
- Original soundtrack CD packaged with BIT.TRIP COMPLETE, featuring music from all six games in the series
- New difficulty modes in all games
- Online leaderboards
Excited? You bet, especially since the 3DS is crying out for more technical and innovative games. We'll keep you posted.