The fourth and presumably final Black Ops II map pack launches today on Xbox Live, offering another four maps (two of which are "re-imagined") and zombie scenario for 1200 Microsoft Points... no, wait... £10.20. That's going to take some getting used to! Apocalypse is due out on PC and PS3 next month.
We've got the details after the break, though I daresay many of you will be more interested in the launch trailer embedded above.
- Pod: A failed utopian community from the 70's has left stacks of dilapidated residential pods nestled into an abandoned cliff side in Taiwan. Its residents long gone, the modernist compound now hosts frenetic combat as players must run atop the pods, as well as navigate their multi-tiered interiors for a strategic edge.
- Frost: Fresh snow meets explosive gunpowder in this snow-capped European city, where the bridge over a frozen canal separates it into two sides, requiring players to employ multi-level traversal strategies to outsmart and ultimately outshoot their enemies.
- Takeoff: Fans of "Stadium" from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike DLC will find themselves at home on "Takeoff." Marooned in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, this remote launch site is all about close-quarters combat, combining tight corners with open spaces for intense encounters.
- Dig: An adaptation of the fan-favorite "Courtyard" from Call of Duty: World at War, where two archeological dig sites in Afghanistan become the perfect playground for combatants eager for hectic, unceasing confrontations. Treyarch, has retained the spirit of "Courtyard" with two major chokepoints, a wide open layout and raised platforms, but has provided fans with a fresh take on the multitude of paths.
- Origins: Players will be deployed to Dieselpunk-stylized World War I-era France where they will encounter the return of the four original heroes from the very first Zombies map, Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Rictofen, as well as hordes of zombies that have overrun trenches and fields, as well as the ruins of a mysterious and ancient location. Unleashed after the Germans unearthed the mysterious 'Element 115,' this next chapter in the Zombies legacy will explore the saga's origins as players reunite with an unlikely band of soldiers that come together to defeat the greatest evil the world has ever seen, using a period-specific arsenal that includes Wonder Weapons that harness supernatural powers, a diesel-drone and Mark IV tank, as well a new perk machine and power-ups.