We Take A Closer Look
After previously dwelling on the singleplayer and Strike Force side of things, Treyarch has released the first multiplayer trailer for Call Of Duty: Black Ops II. Check it out below, along with some brief analysis of the new killstreaks, features, eSports functionality and Active Denial System.
What we know/can surmise:
- No quickscoping: Treyarch recently confirmed that there'll be no sniper rifle autoaim, and this trailer confirms it.
- Selectable fire modes: The presence of a 'burst fire' indicator seems to suggest that we can change fire mode on certain weapons, tying in with plenty of supporting rumours
- Active Denial System: Seen at 0:38, this non-lethal turret debilitates enemies with heat waves. It's unofficially known as a 'heat ray,' and the US military has been experimenting with it. More here.
- New Killstreaks: A 'lightning strike' seen at 0:25 and a satellite HUD indicator seems to suggest that the futuristic setting will give us some powerful new tech to play with.
- Plantable Riot Shields: At one point, the player places his riot shield into the ground, allowing it to be used as dynamic cover.
- Electric stun grenades: does exactly what it says on the tin.
- Knives: Knives now appear to act as a weapon in their own right and can be held independently, supported by a new perk called 'Bladesman.' Tomahawks also make an appearance.
- Kamikaze Drones: At 1:44, a drone dive-bombs an enemy player. Whether the drone is directly controlled like the CLAWs or AGRs, or whether it's an automatic killstreak, remains to be seen.
- eSports Support: This trailer contains numerous suggestions that Treyarch are aiming to make Black Ops II as eSports-friendly as possible. This includes detailed player cards for spectators to judge as well as commentary beginning at 2:00.
I daresay that I've only scratched the surface - what did we miss?