Dragonfires & Escort Drones Get Fixed
A new title update for Call Of Duty: Black Ops II's Xbox 360 version went live yesterday, and Treyarch have finally gotten around to releasing the patch notes. The update includes major fixes to "flight range parameters" that caused issues with Dragonfire and Escort Drone scorestreaks, alongside other niggles. We've got the patch notes after the break.
Brendan awarded Treyarch's effort 8/10 in our Black Ops II review, suggesting that "existing party favourites, deathmatch options and shiny futuristic boomsticks will make this your new favourite online FPS."
UPDATE: Treyarch has also revealed patch notes for yesterday's PC update, which sorts out a couple of singleplayer glitches and adds FOV options.
- Made infrastructure and performance improvements to Live Streaming.
- Made streaming performance improvements to video playback in CODTV.
- Addressed an issue where flight range parameters for airborne vehicles could be deleted in the middle of a match due to a network interruption. This fix resolves the following symptoms reported by the community: Escort drone flying under the map; Inability to call in the Dragonfire.
- FHJ-18 weapon level is now increased by destroying Scorestreak vehicles and aircraft.
- Care Package/AGR canister exploit has been addressed.
- Patched a small map exploit in Aftermath.
- Addressed a rare situation that would cause the Emblem Editor menu to overlap other menus.
- Balance pass on spawn influencers to improve cases causing non-optimal spawning under certain conditions.
- Improved performance for emblem uploads to prevent an occasional hang. If there is an error connecting to servers during an upload, you will now be able to re-try your save.
- Emblems and Clan tags will now appear correctly on the Assault Shield when stowed on the back.
- Addressed all reported UI error code messages.
- Elite Clan Friends list no longer actively sorts players when their status is updated. The player list will refresh after closing and re-opening the tab.
- Improved a number of emblem icons in the Emblem Editor.
- Junkyard IV reward added to Calling Cards.
[via the Call Of Duty forums]
- Max FOV increased to 90
- Fix: Horse falling through the world in Afghanistan when playing on some CPUs with 4 or more cores
- Fix: RC-XD and the AGR sinking into the map in MP when playing on some CPUs with 4 or more cores
- General performance improvements in SP, MP, and ZM for CPUs with 4 or more cores
- Fix: crash when a 7th player tries to join a 6 player league lobby
- Improved dedicated server matchmaking
- Fix: some cases of "Connection Interrupted" in MP while loading into a match