Konami has announced that a definitive edition of Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow will be jumping and grappling its way to PC this summer. New story content, enhanced visuals, extra weapons and locations have been confirmed for this new version, which will release on Steam on August 27 followed by a traditional boxed retail launch.
Click below for a trailer (a perfect excuse to listen to Patrick Stewart's beautiful baritone) and the all-important feature list.
- New Features: Reverie and Resurrection content. It also boasts enhanced 1080p HD graphics, runs at a solid 60 frames per second via recommended spec, and offers trophy integration through Steam with Cloud saving.
- New Storyline: Players can immerse themselves in the brand-new Lords of Shadow storyline, meeting classic characters and experiencing tangential side stories.
- New Weapons and Skills: Overcome obstacles using the Combat Cross multi-function weapon and hone platforming skills within this sprawling adventure. Swing across chasms, climb sheer walls, rappel down cliffs, grip and pull away obstacles.
- New Titan Battles: Conquer behemoth enemies of terrifying size, where special attacks and cunning speed are required for advancement.
- New Exploration: Explore gothic ruins, dark castles, barren forests and frozen wastelands. Discover a whole world to investigate with many routes and hidden secret places that contain items to aid Gabriel on his quest.