Here Be Infographics
Torn Banner Studios have proudly announced that Chivalry: Medieval Warfare has gone platinum in nine months - selling over 1.2 million copies. Rather than sitting on their laurels, they've decided to celebrate by rolling out a massive free update that adds character customisation to the visceral first person slash 'em up.
First of all, here's an "exciting" infographic touting some impressive sales. We daresay that numerous promotions and a headline act during the Steam Summer Sale probably helped matters, and managed to attract a whopping number of US players.
To say thank-you, Chivalry players are able to cosmetically customise and colourise their warriors thanks to Content Update 2. At the risk of looking even more like a lazy hack, I've got another infographic for you, this time showing off some of the possible combinations. Click it for bigness.
Chivalry's success is made doubly impressive by fierce competition from War Of The Roses, Fatshark's effort that we rather liked at review. It looks like Torn Banner Studios have come out on top.
Finally, Content Update 2 will herald several fixes and tweaks:
- Server browser fixes!(Tabs works better, favorites work better, browser now uses the Steamworks library optimally and is less likely to make your router cry, etc)
- Tavern map length reduced to 10 minutes.
- Stamina drain from successfully parrying attacks slightly reduced.
- Vanguard primary weapon knockback values toned down.
- Two-hander flinch duration down from 1.1 to 1.0.
- Special daze duration down from 2 to 1.8.
- Crossbow projectile speeds are lower, and the difference between light and heavy crossbow is less drastic.
- Corrected Bardiche sprint attack being .15 faster than other sprint attacks.
- Flail overhead windup from .55 to .5.
- Heavy Flail overhead windup from .6 to .55.
- Spear slash windup from .425 to .475.
- Spear stab windup from .575 to .6.
- Brandistock slash windup from .45 to .5.
- Brandistock stab windup from .55 to .6.
- Fixed the attack grunt sound sometimes desyncing and playing after a late feint server-side.
- Fixed several map exploits.
- Fixed flinch disabling dodge if it occurs in an attack windup.
- Fixed counterattacks maintaining a parry box and blocking attacks during your counter.
- Fixed movement slow persisting after canceling a bow draw.
- Fixed crossbow forced reload after being hit.
- Fixed rebinding primary attack breaking the scoreboard keybind.
- Fixed some broken assets on various maps (missing collision/textures/etc.)
- Fixed missing Norse Sword icon and Falchion model in weapon select.
- Fixed the furthest target in the archer tutorial being unhittable.
- Fixed peasants spawning with weapons
- Fixed peasant death animations
- Fixed peasant hats turning into helmets when shot off with arrows
- Fixed objective labels (Mason messages were being display for Agatha objectives)