Hi folks. Some of you may well have read my recent editorial on publisher practices, preview culture, and the impact of PR and journalism on consumer decision. I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who got stuck into the debate in the comments section and by email.
If you haven't read it, get stuck in here: http://www.dealspwn.com/editorial-note-previews-130707
I've decided to follow up on a suggestion we received from a couple of our regulars, to run a weekly post whereby we can inform you of the coverage we have in the pipeline, but also highlight upcoming previews/reviews/interviews/and other assorted avenues that we're pursuing.
The purpose of this is transparent honesty, nothing more or less. We'll let you know if something is late, and the reasons why.
However, I'd also like these weekly posts - which will go up each Monday - to act as a little onsite suggestion mailbag too. If you have a BFTP you want to nominate, a Showdown you'd like to see, or a game we've missed that you'd like to see reviewed, let us know.
NB. This list is subject to change.
Reviews Already in Progress*:
- Persona 4: The Golden (PSV)
- The Bridge (PC)
- DriftMoon (PC)
- RocketBirds (PSV)
- March of the Eagles (PC)
Notable Review Code Requests
- Crysis 3 (first requested Feb 4th, EA stated twice last week that it had been sent out, no code yet)
- Tomb Raider (first requested Feb 19th - larger sites have already received code, awaiting confirmation)
- Castlevania: Mirror of Fate (first requested Feb 25th - confirmed by Nintendo)
- SimCity (first requested Feb 25th, awaiting confirmation)
Previews/Interviews/Impressions in Progress
- Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
- WildStar Interview
- UPCOMING: The Last of Us, Star Trek
*We will only ever publish reviews that conform to our quality standards, and though we will make every effort to get reviews posted up ahead of release wherever possible, sometimes certain games will require more time than we are afforded.
This is still something of a work in progress, so the format might change a little over the coming weeks.
(Reposted due to incorrect date - thanks MikeBeaver)