Darksiders II is going to contain a goodly amount of extra content and new features when it releases on Wii U, including the ability to fully play it on the Gamepad screen.
In content terms, Darksiders II will ship with all of the previously-released DLC as well as some exclusive bonuses. Because I know that you love lists of things, here's what to expect:
- Argul’s Tomb – The game’s first downloadable content pack featuring a unique area, three new dungeons and new weapons and armor to collect.
- Death Rides Pack – Three new side-quests for the Darksiders II campaign.
- Angel of Death & Shadow of Death packs – New legendary armor and weapon choices for the player early in the game.
- Deadly Despair Pack – Upgraded horse speed boost.
- Additional unique legendary weapon and armor sets for the player to use from the start of the game.
The Wii U will apparently also offer "new ways to play," including full Gamepad support for both inventory management and the game itself. Abilities can be mapped to the touchscreen and activated intuitively.
- Unique Wii U™ GamePad Functionality – Play Darksiders II like never before using the Wii U GamePad screen to instantly access inventory and abilities.
- Different Ways to Play – Play Darksiders II on your TV, just on the Wii U GamePad, or with the Wii U Pro Controller.
Brendan rated Darksiders II 7/10, suggesting that it "only slightly improved on the decent original."