PC gamers will have a chance of playing Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut thanks to a Steam Greenlight campaign. We've got all the details below, including a new trailer and extra features for the PC port.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut on PC includes the following new features over and above the original game, plus additional content over the recent PS3 release:
- A surprising new scenario from the game's director, Hidetaka 'Swery' Suehiro
- Enhanced HD graphics with new textures
- Reworked control system allowing for an even better combat experience
- Downloadable content to expand the mystery beyond the original game
- New bonus DLC exclusive to the PC version!
- Achievements and Steam Trading Cards (exclusive to the Steam version)
"Steam's Greenlight process is a first for Rising Star Games and there is nothing better than the cult hit, Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut, to make our mark on it," said Martin Defries, managing director & COO of Rising Star Games. "Rising Star Games is an extremely community-driven publisher and our vocal fans have been calling for a PC version of this game, so using Steam Greenlight gives those fans the chance to make a difference."
Deadly Premonition is rough around the edges, but tells one of the greatest stories to have ever featured in a videogame. So says Mr. Lester.
Would you be interested in a PC port of Deadly Premonition? Go vote!