Free-to-play shooter Dust 514 will be leaving its prolonged beta on the 14th of May, which is a totally hilarious numerical joke to kick off our week if you use the American style of putting the month before the day. It's fun with maths.
Where was I? Yes, Dust 514 is finally ready to release on PS3, whereupon it will allow players to experience the EVE Online universe from a totally new perspective and offer the first truly F2P first person shooter on consoles. New screenshots and feature list after the break.
- Massive Persistent Universe: Wage war on the surfaces of far-flung planets with countless environmental combinations.
- Planetary Conquest: Marshal your forces in a continuous, ever-changing battle to conquer the worlds of New Eden and control their resources.
- Large-scale Warfare: Vie for control of unique sci-fi battlefields with up to 32 players in simultaneous combat.
- Endless Customization: Create custom mercenaries with lethal dropsuits, skills and weapons.
- Vehicles On-demand: Acquire, outfit and deploy heavily armed and armored vehicles, on land and in the skies.
- Social Sandbox: Build a formidable corporation with thousands of players as you seize the opportunities and bounties that come with galactic conflict.
- Connected Experience: For the first time ever, join forces in a cross-platform gaming experience with the immortal starship pilots of EVE Online to conquer New Eden, one skirmish at a time.