Many of you are doubtlessly heading to Eurogamer Expo this weekend, eager to play some of the hottest gaming properties ahead of time. Working out what you absolutely must see is incredibly important, but after scouring the show floor over the last couple of days, we've noticed a few games that might waste your time. Plenty of playable demos are already out, as well as imminent betas or fully-featured trial versions. Here's a list of the titles that you can try before or shortly after the Expo... so you can crack on with the important stuff.
Yes, I know that some of these are painfully obvious, but we're putting them in for completeness' sake.
- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. The demo is already out on XBL, and it's practically the same thing.
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations Multiplayer. Many of you will have tried out the multiplayer beta, and even if you haven't, the floor demo is largely the same as AC: Brotherhood's multiplayer suite but in a different setting.
- Bastion. An amazing game, but it's been out for a while. Demos are available.
- Burnout Crash! Again, this is out on XBL and PSN with trial versions.
- Driver: San Francisco. This great racer is already on shop shelves with demos.
- El Shaddai: Ascension Of The Metatron. Ditto, except replace "racer" with "insane thing."
- Forza 4: The demo will be out on October 3rd, featuring much more than the single playable car on the show floor.
- Gunstringer. The Xbox Live demo is already out. We'll have a full review for you over the weekend.
- Renegade Ops. Already downloadable and playable on your online marketplace of choice.
- Resistance 3. To be honest, you've probably already bought Resistance 3 if you were already excited about it. Check it out if you're on the fence and there's no queue.
- Rugby World Cup 2011. Meh.
- Space Marine. Seriously, don't be distracted by the carnage. Demos are out there... as is the game.
- World Of Tanks. Proviso here. World Of Tanks is free to download and play (pro tip: it's awesome), though you can get a free shirt if you try it out on the floor.
Otherwise, go nuts! Let us know what you're most looking forward to - and what you try out!