Three influential King Of Fighters developers have been slaving away at a new project for the best part of six years, but they'll need your help to finish it. Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm takes inspiration from Street Fighter III and BlazBlue, promising depth, balance and accessibility in equal measure.
Pitch, trailer and details below.
Here's the pitch: Yatagarasu is an original 2D fighting game for PC (Windows) by three former SNK / King of Fighters staff that takes inspiration from Street Fighter III: Third Strike, but incorporates play elements similar to BlazBlue. The game features eight playable characters, high quality old school graphics, and gameplay that genuinely is easily accessible to anyone, but offers depth to veteran fighting game players. It also features a unique dynamic commentary system: voiceover by celebrity fighting game commentators will cheer you on or put you down based on your play and what's happening in the game!
The team is currently seeking $68,000 to complete the PC version, with localisation master Nyu Media saddling much of the overheads themselves. A digital PC version is the primary goal, with the funding fuelling the following extras:
- Two new characters (backers are invited to vote on roster of candidate characters to decide which add)
- New graphics and story rewrites
- Improved game play, balancing, and online match support
- MC voiceover by TOUGEKI announcer Koori Masao
- Full English localization
- English commentary by famous overseas tournament commentators (to be announced)!
- A NESiCAxLive arcade version in collaboration with Taito! (presently planned for release in Japan only)
- Worldwide release of the PC (Windows) version with English and Japanese language options
Interested? Head over to IndieGoGo to read more details and take part in the campaign.