PC Specs & mandatory Uplay also announced
We all leave a digital footprint as we go about our daily lives, from social networks to credit card purchases, CCTV cameras and Oyster Cards. Something that vigilante hacker Aiden Pearce will be able to co-opt to devastating advantage in Watch Dogs when it releases this summer. The hype train is once again picking up speed following the recent delay, and the latest trailer gives us a flavour for the sort of information we'll be able to use during the hac
On the PC side of things, we've got some good and bad news. The specs have been revealed... but I'm afraid that you'll also have to use a certain much-maligned digital platform to play it.
Though definitely a mood piece rather than gameplay, the new video does a great job of setting the tone. Hacking and using data to advantage will play a huge role in Watch Dogs, alongside combat, stealth, driving and traversal.
So, onto the news. Specs-wise, Watch Dogs isn't asking too much on the minimum side of things, though you'll want a relatively decent rig for recommended settings. Nothing too taxing, mind. Considering that there's currently some controversy over Watch Dogs' console vs PC graphics and a seeming 'downgrade' since the reveal trailers, I daresay that graphics hounds are likely to prioritise the PC version. Behold:
- DirectX 11 GPU with at least 1GB of VRAM (NVidia GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770)
- Quad core CPU (Intel Core2 Quad Q8400 or AMD Phenom II X4 940)
- 4GB of RAM
- Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
- DirectX 11 card with at least 2GB of VRAM (NVidia GTX560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850)
- Eight core CPU (Intel Core i7-3770 running at 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core CPU running at 4 GHz)
- 8GB of RAM
- 25GB of available hard drive space
I hope you like Uplay, though. Ubisoft has confirmed that the PC version will require you to create or use a Uplay account to play, and do so through the client. Even if you buy it on Steam. Annoying. Thoughts?
Ahead of Watch Dogs' May 27th release, be sure to check out our comprehensive coverage, including detailed preview, developer interviews and companion app hands-on. We hope that it delivers on its clear potential.