Those of you who purchase retail copies of Forza Motorsport 4 on its day of release might just be rewarded with an "exclusive in-game car pack", according to a Turn 10 press release. The company also tease the availability of a Collector's Edition, and reveal the game's box art.
Limited to the first production run of Forza 4 game discs, the exclusive car pack will contain five racing machines unavailable anywhere else. I'm not one for engine specs and the like, so I'll hand over to Turn 10 for the complete list:
- Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965: Take to the road in this classic American stallion, one of Ford’s most successful launch cars behind the Model A.
- Koenigsegg Agera 2011: “The Agera--from the Swedish verb “to act”--celebrates 15 years of Koenigsegg’s uncompromising philosophy of making dream cars.”
- Lexus SC300 1997: A classic personal luxury coupé, the SC300 combines a powerful racer with a 225bhp I6-powered engine.
- RUF RGT-8 2011: The spectacular RGT-8 is powered by a 4.5-liter V8 engine that has been fine tuned to deliver unmatchable sports car power and curb appeal.
- Tesla Roadster Sport 2011: For luxury car fans, the Roadster Sport is electric heaven. Get behind the wheel of this electric two-seater and go zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds with a peak rating of 288 horsepower.
When it comes to Forza 4's Collector's Edition, Turn 10 are playing their cards close to their chest, except to say that a VIP version of the game will be made available. To further whet your appetite in the run up to E3, we've managed to get our hands on the title's cover art, which features Ferrari's 458 Italia. The team say they've been working closely with the world-famous manufacturer "to include every intricate detail of the [car] in the game". Check it out below:
Finally, Turn 10 introduce their new 'Profile Import' feature, which will see players that have "invested tireless hours in [Forza 3]" rewarded with gifted cars and bonus credits in-game.
Microsoft's flagship racing franchise will no doubt make an appearance at E3 next month, although chances are we'll have seen much of it before, and we'll be there to bring you all the big reveals as they happen.