Microsoft has announced that Forza Horizon's Rally DLC pack will release on December 18th, costing 1600 Microsoft Points or included in the season pass. The expansion will feature "immersive and authentic rally racing on the roughest, untamed roads of Colorado," along with "deeper ruts, higher jumps, and new surface types to explore".
"Players will experience authentic rally action behind the wheel of rally-tuned cars, complete with co-driver calls, and much more."
Six monthly car packs will also be introduced from launch, starting on October 25th with six premium rides. We've got the list of new vehicles below.
Month One Car Pack:
- 2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione: It's notable that Ferrari considers itself a racing team first and automaker second. Leaving no gaps in the realm of elite performance, the XX line was created to bridge between Formula One and production cars. The Evoluzione has only 30 more horsepower than the previous 599XX but is a full second faster on Ferrari's exclusive Fiorano test track.
- 2012 Lamborghini Aventador J: Sparing no expense, and designed in a total of six weeks for its one prospective customer, Lamborghini created the open-air Aventador J. In its cockpit you won't find any climate control-for obvious reasons-or navigation; they would simply add weight. Powered by the standard Aventador's 700 horsepower 6.5-liter V12, the roofless-and ruthless--J can easily achieve speeds north of 180 mph.
- 2012 Gumpert Apollo Enraged: One of the biggest and best-kept secrets of the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, the Gumpert Apollo Enraged dropped jaws at its unveiling. The ultra-exclusive three units of production are street legal, but realistically are ready-to-race track cars.
- 2012 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider: In the tradition of the open-air Giulietta of the 1950's, but with all the performance and technology of the 8C Competizione Coupe, the 8C Spider is as graceful as you'd expect from an Alfa. It is also ready to pounce given a little motivation. Its body lines are supple; its interior boasts exposed carbon fiber and aluminum.
- 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: Revamping a classic car to match its predecessor is a difficult trick in the car business. The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 does so in every way and then some. Pure fun mixed with nostalgia doesn't get much better than this.
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air: Before the terms "stanced" or "tuner" were even a thought in the mind of any car enthusiast, there was the '57 Chevy. The Bel Air was the most upscale of the bodies sporting the most chrome and a golden grill. Whether you keep it classic, flourish it in flames, or drop in a big block, it will always get looks.
Forza Horizon releases on October 23rd for Xbox 360.