Well those twelve months flew past pretty quickly! Reflecting back on 2014, and there'll be the usual Editor's Year In Review piece to come at the end of the month, one might perhaps say that 2014 perhaps hasn't quite been a vintage year in terms of releases, especially in terms of the biggest releases, but elsewhere there's been plenty to shout about, and all of us end the year with hefty backlogs of must-play games that we could quite squeeze in amongst the madness.
The new generation of games consoles is now in full swing, and as the curtain falls on another packed Autumn/Winter release slate, it's time to dish out some awards. As per usual, we've already published our Staff Picks and held court in our final podcast of the season to hand out some alternative awards, and you can find those links below. We also started the voting for the Community Game of the Year early, and launched a new yearly poll for Retailer of the Year, as voted for by you, our awesome readers! You can find links to both of those below too. Please get involved if you haven't already.
LET'S DO THIS!
Game of the Year 2014
Favourite Games of 2014
Best Gaming Moment of 2014
Biggest Disappointment of 2014
Biggest Surprises of 2014
Most Anticipated Games Of 2015
Five Awesome Games You Might Have Missed in 2014
As the awards articles are published, you'll be able to click on the links below as they are updated:
- December 21st - Underdog of the Year - The Unsung Hero Game of 2014
- December 22nd - Best Racing Game | Best Sports Games
- December 23rd - Best Fighting Game | Best Adventure Game
- December 24th - Best Puzzle Game | Best Platformer
- December 25th - Best PC Indie Game | Best Console Indie Game
- December 26th - Best Portable Game | Best Mobile Game
- December 27th - Best Strategy Game | Best RPG
- December 28th - Best Multiplayer Game | Best Shooter
- December 29th - Best Action Game | Best New IP
- December 30th - 5 Things That Sucked In 2014 | Dealspwn's Game of 2014
- December 31st - Readers' Choice: Community Game of 2014
- January 1st - Most Anticipated Game of 2015
So there it is, ladies and gents. Time to dust off that soapbox, fill up on some double-barrelled rhetoric, prepare your throwing knives of razor sharp wit and cogent argument. The 2014 Thunderdome is open and it's time for an opinionated free for all. It's looking like a chilly winter, so let's warm ourselves up with some fiery debates and work ourselves up into a hot mess.