Gears Of War: Judgment has been expanded by a new free DLC pack that bolts on an extra map and gametype. Not to mention a slew of fixes.
The new Haven DLC pack - which you can queue up right here since the in-game prompt is bugged out - contains the new Haven map that offers long sniper sight lines and a concentric circular layout that makes defence extremely taxing. On top of that, you'll also get the new Execution mode, which predictably requires you to manually execute your enemies to score before they bleed out.
Since Judgment's distinct lack of maps was one of our major bugbears with People Can Fly's prequel, we're glad to see some extra content given away for free. For a limited time, at least, thanks to a deal with Maxim. We'll let you know when Microsoft announces an end date.
A new title update also addresses several issues - patch notes follow.
- Various dedicated server improvements.
- Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
- Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
- Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
- Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
- If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
- Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
- While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
- The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
- The “Spray and Pray” ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
- If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
- You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
- Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
- Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
- You will now see XP tallies between matches.