Assassins Creed Unity and Ubisoft have made multiple appearances in our features this week, and sadly not for the right reasons. We ask if they're becoming the new EA, talk about what's great and what sucks with Unity and then take a look at the emergence of female assassins in the game after all. With the fresh reveal of Just Cause 3 we compare the attitudes of microtransactions in that game with -you guessed it- AC: Unity.
After playing the recent Evolve beta we ask if it can be consistently fun. Carl takes an early look at Blizzard's new FPS, Overwatch and gives us his early review impressions of the Warlords of Draenor DLC. As great as the new Halo collection is, the matchmaking has been a bit dodgy, so why not check out Jon's list of things to do in the game while you wait? Excited for LittleBigPlanet 3? Us too, more so after watching Jon's recent interview with the dev team, Sumo Digital. As silly season approaches and the consoles go to war, we examine how PSN and Xbox Live stack up against each other. Don't forget to check out our weekly guide of the upcoming releases for next week too. Go on, we've included links to all the cheapest prices too.
Quality remakes star in our reviews this week with Halo: The Master Chief Collection scoring a mighty 10/10 (this was before the matchmaking fell apart). Tales of Hearts R should give gamers an excuse to charge up their Vita's for a 50-hour quest. We'd avoid Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit though, because of well, reasons.
- Sorry Evolve, but asymmetrical multiplayer just isn't consistently fun: Not looking like a long runner.
- Dear 343i - Screw ADS, here are five things Halo 5 really needs: Matchmaking?
- Overwatch Preview | Blizzard's FPS seems like more than just another Team Fortress: See the trailer now.
- Opening Scenes | Assassin's Creed: Unity - First 20 Mins Gameplay: Where are the French people?
- Are Ubisoft actively trying to become EA? - Unity, Uplay, and utter stupidity: Not a great year, Ubi.
- Just Cause 3 & AC Unity reveal the sick insanity of microtransaction culture: Or just ignore them? No?
- Five ways Assassin's Creed: Unity shows promise... and five ways it absolutely sucks: Please, Arno. Stop climbing on the furniture!
- Halo's matchmaking is broken - here are some fun things to do while you wait: Fixed yet?
- Is World of Warcraft still relevant? | Warlords of Draenor Early Review Impressions: Going back for more?
- LittleBigPlanet 3 Launch Interview With Sumo Digital - Everything You Need To Know About LBP3: Bagsey being the dog!
- PSN vs Xbox LIVE: The Battle of Subscriptions and Services: Who's providing the better service?
- From The Vault | Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Review - When In Rome: Looking back at a classic.
- Are Ubisoft Taunting Gamers With Female Assassins in Unity?: Trolling from the publisher, or just more blunders?
- Next Week’s Releases: Dumbo and Dragons Vs Spandex Soap Stars: Not a boring week then!
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection Review | Part 2 - Multiplayer & Verdict: An essential purchase for series fans.
- Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit Review | Half Naked, Half Baked: Oh dear. Go straight to jail.
- Tales Of Hearts R Review | The Vita's Christmas Miracle: Time to dig out that charger?