It's been all about the launch of Titanfall this week, but before that, let's have a look at the news. HMV is ditching their pre-owned gaming section, which won't be missed if we're honest -even with a 70% off clearance sale you could still find cheaper eBay prices. The Witcher 3 has been delayed until 2015, but we're glad the devs have committed to making the best game they can. WildStar finally nailed down a release date, the BAFTA's handed out some golden faces to some games and Microsoft tried to defend their lacklustre 'Games with Gold.
Titanfall landed in our reviews section towards the end of the week and seems to have been a hit with critics and gamers alike. If mechs and awesome fun aren't your thing though, check out our verdicts for Vessel on PS3 and the point and click adventure 1954 Alcatraz.' Wrapping up the week, I review my third RPG of the month (I'm so tired) in the shape of Final Fantasy X HD Remaster.
Surprise! Titanfall dominates our features this week with plenty of videos from Matt and Jon. Spare a though for Carl then, as he's been creeping through the shadows with a sackful of spare underwear and stress balls as he brings you a selection of videos from the pant-filling Dark Souls II. Sony's reply to Titanfall, Infamous: Second Son, is almost here and Matt has a few interviews ahead of next week's launch. Elsewhere we have a podcast on the week's news, a look at the state of Sim City a year after release, the latest info on Edge of Space and Chris argues the virtues of traditional local multiplayer.
- Dealspwn Reload | Gaming SitRep - 10/03/14: The week that was.
- South Park probes its way into first place in this week's charts: Really pleased with how this turned out.
- HMV shedding pre-owned games stock, potential bargains to be had: Don't bother checking out the sale if you haven't already. All gone.
- Microsoft: 'Games With Gold' is very different from PS Plus, but the selection will improve: We'd rather 'rent' PS Plus' better games to be honest.
- "We're sorry to make you wait even longer" - The Witcher 3 delayed into 2015: Sad news, but we're happy to wait until it's ready.
- WildStar (officially) gets June 3rd release date, more pre-order details announced: You could say we're looking forwards to this.
- The Last Of Us, GTA V & Tearaway sweep this year's BAFTAs: An awards ceremony without the VGA-style bollocks. But without the trailer premiers too.
- Vessel PS3 Review | Making A Splash On PSN: As good as the PC version?
- 1954 Alcatraz Review | Prison Breakthrough?: Not cancelled, unlike Sam Neil's show.
- Titanfall Review | Multiplayer Respawned: Mechtacular?
- Final Fantasy X HD Remaster Review: Holy crap, this is great!
- Xbox One owners: Kinect is still spying on everything you say...: Sort of.
- Why Local Multiplayer Games Will Always Be The Best: Because you can punch them straight away.
- inFamous: Second Son Interview | Sucker Punch's Ken Schramm On PS4 Power & Pressure: See, Sucker Punch do want to talk about their game.
- inFamous: Second Son Interview | Troy Baker On Bringing Delsin Rowe To Life: Matt talks to some guy who wishes he was Nolan North.
- Edge Of Space is the rougher, tougher Starbound: I'm calling them both Terraria in Space.
- Dark Souls II Gameplay - Getting to know Majula | Dealspwn Playthrough: There's an Ali G joke in that title somewhere.
- SimCity: Is it finally worth buying one year on?: Cheaper at least.
- Carl Versus Dark Souls II #1 - Introducing McGarnagle... and death: Carl's tentative steps in the horror.
- Titanfall's narrative-driven campaign is paper thin, and that's AWESOME!: Matt encourages less effort.
- Carl Versus Dark Souls II #2 - Escape to Newbie Canyon: This is where I'd stay.
- Carl Versus Dark Souls II #3 - To Majula, and beyond!: Carl enters all the death.
- Titanfall IMC Campaign Playthrough #1 - Jon & Matt Are Evil Corporate Scumbags: Proof!
- OPINION | Titanfall feels better with a controller - don't knock it 'til you've tried it: You can't do parkour with WASD.
- Game Night | Planetside 2 - Revisiting Amerish: When are you coming to PS4 again?
- Titanfall IMC Campaign #2 - Jon & Matt Murder Innocent Colonists: And then they play Titanfall.
- Carl Versus Dark Souls II #4 - Meet The Pursuer: This is supposed to be enjoyable? What's wrong with you people!?
- Titanfall 101 - How Not To Play Capture The Flag With Jon & Matt | Dealspwn Playthrough: Has Titanfall given CTF the boot up the arse it needed?
- Titanfall 101 - Hunting Pilots With Jon and Matt | Dealspwn Playthrough: Probably too soon for a joke about planes and missing pilots.
- Titanfall IMC Campaign #3 – Jon & Matt Try To Prevent A Defection: Traitors will be shot!
- Game Buzz | Episode 68 - BAFTA Spectacular: The team chats about the week's news.