While the biggest news at most sites is the arrival of the Titanfall beta, I think we all know what the real news is this week - Goat Simulator is coming. After you've finished celebrating, take a look at our other news highlights including a Watch Dogs update, another painfully awkward Nintendo Direct broadcast and an impressive tech demo for facial performance capture.
In the reviews we've been torturing Jon again by making him play Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection, the disappointing Horizon and the DLC of Dead Rising 3: Fallen Angel. It's ok, he's playing Titanfall now. Finishing up the week, I reviewed a patched up version of Battlefield 4 on the PS4, which revealed itself to be the PS4's finest multiplayer experience. No prizes for guessing how good the single player was.
Video content this week includes the usual selection of WildStar videos (just how big is this beta?!), Loadout, Carl's Reloaded roundup, EverQuest Next, and some coverage on some upcoming indie hopeful called Titanfall. Matt also got to try out Evolve, which is shaping up well, which shouldn't be a surprise considering it's made by the Left 4 Dead crew. There's also a team impressions piece for Starbound, Chris examines what makes a good remake, Jon helps to explain what Early Access actually means and also trolls people searching the internet for a bit of cleavage on Valentine's Day.
- Fable Anniversary plants its acorns in the stagnant UK Charts: Come on, FIFA, let someone else sit at the top now.
- Watch Dogs out before June, but delayed on Wii U: Hmm, we're getting a bit worried about Watch Dogs.
- Xbox One firmware update delayed at last minute: Rude!
- Goat Simulator is now a real game, coming to Steam: Check out the badass trailer.
- Titanfall beta runs at 792p, but Respawn are working on new Xbox One upscaler: Why does the Xbone hate 1080p so much? Can't have nice things.
- Nintendo Direct Info Roundup - 13/02/2014: Gameplay highlights include X, Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart 8.
- Synchronicity Facial Performance Capture Demo Sets New Standards: Tech demo makes for essential viewing.
- Titanfall Beta Now Available to All on Xbox One: Laugh at the people that bought one off eBay.
- Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection Review | Less Than The Parts Of Its Sums: Developers, please send Jon a good game next week.
- Horizon Review | Catastrophic Combat Cripples A 4X Contender: A big letdown.
- Dead Rising 3: Fallen Angel DLC Review | More Of The Shame: Another kick in the stones for Season Pass holders.
- TxK Review | YES YES YES YES: Find out why Jon's so excited for this Vita game.
- Battlefield 4 PS4 Review - Winning the War: The patches have turned this into the PS4's best multiplayer game.
- What Makes a Good Remake?: Not charging full whack for it like Halo: Anniversary.
- Evolve Hands-On Preview | Monstrous Hide and Seek: From the studio that brought you Left 4 Dead.
- Craft Your Own Adventure | Starbound Early Access Beta Impressions: More than Terraria in space?
- Understanding Early Access: The Clue's In The Name: Are you getting your money's worth?
- Evolve Survival Guide: Hunter Edition: How to survive the big nasty. No, not a night with Madonna.
- WildStar: The Noob #21 - To Boldly Go...: Matt enters uncharted territory.
- Evolve Survival Guide: Goliath Edition: Become the monster.
- Game Night | Loadout - Capture The Ham: A tastier alternative to flags. Don't leave it with the fatties though.
- WildStar: The Noob #22 - Zombie Haggis: Don't eat that.
- Valentine's Special: Epic Videogame Cleavage!: A cruel bit of trolling from Jon?
- EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha Gameplay - Getting Started | Dealspwn Playthrough: Have a look at the long awaited game.
- Game Buzz | Episode 64 - Steam Cleaning: The week's news discussed in the podcast.
- WildStar: The Noob #23 - The Marksman and the Mechari: That's Mechari, not meerkat.
- Titanfall 101 - Training Sim Beta Gameplay | Dealspwn Playthrough: Matt shows us why Titanfall rules.
- Titanfall 101 – Attrition Beta Gameplay | Dealspwn Playthrough: Attrition? That'll be team deathmatch then.