Gamescom! It's the biggest consumer gaming event in the world, with even more visitors than E3 and we've been there again to bring you the hottest interviews and previews for the best up and coming games you've heard of and a few that you should get to know too. We don't let the fact it's all the way over in Germany put us off (ha, like we need an excuse to go to Germany, play games all day and eat schnitzel at night).
Highlights to enjoy so far include previews for the likes of Bloodborne, Battlefield: Hardline, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare's multiplayer and Hellblade (which I've become obsessed with linking to Heavenly Sword). We also got stuck into the impact (or lack of) the Vita made at the show and our Sunday Seven rounds up the very best of the Gamescom trailers you may have missed first time around. There are also reaction pieces to each of the pressers from Sony, Microsoft and EA along including deeper looks at Microsoft's killer Rise of the Tomb Raider timed-exclusive coup and the nightmarish combination of minds as Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro team up to make Silent Hills - Matt's pants will never be the same again.
The world doesn't just revolve around Germany this week though (leaves out a joke about the war) as we have a preview/interview from Jon's four-hour long hands-on with Alien Isolation. This week's Game Night video focuses on the finally-out-of-beta Firefall and Matt's flightstick arrives giving him the perfect excuse to dive into Elite: Dangerous. We even found some time to review the high-reaching (but average scoring) Mind: Path to Thalamus and the excellent miniature racing delights of Table Top Racing on the Vita.
- Top 5 Reveals for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer: You're gonna want some of this.
- COMMENT | Size isn't everything, it's what you do with it that counts: Are game worlds getting too big?
- Pressers and Postulating - Are Microsoft just Sony's warm-up act?: Not this year apparently.
- Wait, Tomb Raider's An Exclusive? - Microsoft Gamescom 2014 Press Conference Impressions: Ooh, Square Enix what have you done?
- Twitter Reacts... Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusivity "a big middle finger" to fans: Yep, pretty much.
- A Steady Smorgasbord of Creativity - Sony Gamescom 2014 Press Conference Impressions: No signs of any Triple A exclusives though. Again.
- Postcards from Gamescom '14 | Day 0 - Microsoft, Sony, & Disney Infinity: Fresh off the jets at Gamescom.
- A Mixed Bag With Notable Absences – EA Gamescom 2014 Press Conference Impressions: Show us Mirror's Edge damnit!
- PREVIEW | Four Hours With Alien Isolation's Perfect Killing Machine: The Alien game we deserve?
- INTERVIEW | Designing Alien Isolation: John interviews Creative Assembly.
- Stock up on underwear - P.T. turns out to be a tease for Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro's Silent Hill game: There's a combo we didn't see coming.
- COMMENT | The hysterical backlash against Tomb Raider exclusivity is risible, but so is Microsoft's communication... AGAIN!: It's ok, keep breathing, it's only a timed exclusive.
- Postcards from Gamescom '14 | Day 1 - Dawns & Dreamfalls: More team highlights.
- Battlefield Hardline Preview | Choice-alution: Bad Company meets Far Cry?
- Bloodborne Preview | Prepare To KILL: Dark Souls has some competition.
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Preview | Claptrap Is The Best Worst Vault Hunter EVER: Random abilities will be fun/annoying and we can't wait for more.
- Top Five Surprises of Gamescom 2014: All those AAA games for the Vita...
- Game Night | Firefall Part 1 - The unexpected text-based adventure: Wait, what?
- Postcards from Gamescom '14 | Day 2 - Warfare & Civilizations: Damnit Gandhi. What's your problem!
- Game Night | Firefall Part 2 - Eggs, iron, & other treasures: With the beta finished the team get involved again.
- "My Body Was Not Ready For This!" - Twitter Reacts as Kojima and Del Toro team up for Silent Hills: Download now for free.
- VIDEO | Easing into Elite: Dangerous' Dogfighting: Matt's flightstick finally arrives.
- PREVIEW | Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare feels like the future: Jon is pulled in to COD's multiplayer again.
- Hellblade Preview – The Heavenly Sword Connection Examined: You will be related!
- The Sunday Seven: Gamescom 2014 Videos You Missed: Stop annoying Google, use this.
- Top 5 Most Important Vita Moments at Gamescom 2014: Ha, glad I didn't have to do a Top 10!
- MIND: Path to Thalamus Review | Dreaming of You: Trek into the coma.
- Table Top Racing Vita Review | Little Cars, Big Smiles: An essential purchase.