It's been another busy news week for EA which means another week of SimCity not working properly, although it is getting better. Don't worry, for all of us not wanting to spend our free time working for a non-existent local council we can relish the craziness that Saints Row IV promises as it randomly turned up this week with a deranged look in its eye, a bulge in its pants and ramblings about the President taking on aliens. Hmmm, this or sorting traffic and arranging rubbish pick ups? Tough call.
Jon will be able to tell us more about the Saints' return next week. This week he's had a hands-on session with Dead Island: Riptide, Matt's played Divinity: Dragon Commander where lazy dragons get pimped out with jetpacks. There's also a preview and interview for Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons which is fast becoming one of the most interesting-looking titles to come to consoles on the digital marketplace. As it slowly becomes something approaching playable, Carl gives us his early impressions of SimCity and Chris winds back the clock 25 years to remember Chaos: Battle of the Wizards.
Just the two reviews for this week in the nod to Napoleon that is March of the Eagles and the ode to anger that is God of War: Ascension. It's all happening next week though with Sly 4, Gears of War: Judgment and some indie title called Bioshock: Infinite.
- Maxis: SimCity Issues "Almost Behind Us": Not the brightest thing to say on a Monday.
- UK Games Charts | 8th March 2013: Tomb Raider climbs to the top.
- Avalanche Studios: "PS4 Will Out-Power Most PCs For Years To Come": And be considerably cheaper.
- Xi3 Piston 'Steam Box' Out This Year, Costs $1000: Aaaaannd there goes my interest.
- Killzone: Mercenary Dev Diary Promises "The Best-Looking Game On Vita": It's only competing against the launch title, Uncharted.
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Battle Trailer Is A Bit Epic: Epic enough to be big outside of Japan?
- God Of War: Ascension Trophy Renamed Following Misogyny Backlash: Silly Sony. It's too late, I have the banned one.
- Blow Reiterates Reasons Behind PS4 Choice For The Witness: He doesn't like Microsoft.
- Ron Gilbert Leaves Double Fine For Pastures New: Ron leaves the cave.
- Halo 4: Castle Map Pack Goes Big On Vehicle Shenanigans: Mechs in Halo? It's happened.
- Payday 2 Details and Screenshots Blowout: Does anyone still play the first one.
- Piston: Valve Has "No Involvement", Xi3 Says Product Built "Specifically For Valve": Ohh, ointment for that burn?
- Ken Levine On BioShock Movie: "I Killed It": Come on Hollywood, give it the budget it deserves.
- Fares: Some Publishers "Interfere Too Much", MS and Sony "Too Cocky": He's not made a game yet but he knows it all.
- Blizzard: Bringing MMOs To Consoles Will Be Tough, But 'Exciting': WoW on PS4? They're looking into it.
- 'Meet Kilo Squad' In Gears Of War: Judgment Trailer: Shame this is releasing next to Bioshock,
- Dishonored: The Knife Of Dunwall DLC Announced: Story-based DLC to bring us back to Dunwall.
- Maxis Pledges To Fix SimCity's Traffic Congestion & Pathfinding: Along with the rest.
- New LEGO City Undercover Vid Shows Off GamePad Functionality: I'm so buying a Wii U for this. In 2019.
- Tripwire: "Call of Duty Has Almost Ruined A Generation of FPS Players": I know what you're thinking, who are Tripwire?
- Nintendo Loses Patent Infringement Case Over 3D Technology: They couldn't even steal decent tech.
- Would You Help Crowdfund Alice 3? American McGee Wants To Know: If by 'crowdfund' you mean 'burn in a skip' then yes.
- And The Bioshock Infinite Award For Awesome Trailers Goes To... Bioshock Infinite: Contains spoilers, apparently. I'm avoiding it.
- Sniper Elite 3 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Systems: Announced on the day rival Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is released. Sneaky.
- Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Reveal Trailer: Hard to believe this is download-only game.
- Saints Row IV Announced, Dated, Trailered: Be the President and kick alien ass.
- Saints Row IV Screenshots & Details: Restrained as per usual? Not a chance.
- Last of Us Demo in New God of War Game Not Available For Over Two Months: Absolute bastards.
- First PS4 Menu, Share and Social Screens Revealed: Not keen on the tiles, but Share features look ace.
- March Of The Eagles Review | Sharpe's Risk: Become Napoleon?
- God of War: Ascension Review | Treading Water in the Calm Before the Storm: Left me wanting God of War IV.
- Hands-On With Divinity: Dragon Commander | Jetpack Dragon Joyride: An RTS with dragons. That's right.
- SimCity Initial Impressions | “Oh God, Everything’s On Fire”: Will Maxis ever finish this?
- Hands-On With Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons | Solo Sibling Sweetness: A small title that's rising up our most wanted list.
- "Co-op? Over My Dead Body" | Josef Fares Talks Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Next-Gen, and Interfering Publishers: Matt interviews the game's creative force.
- COMMENT | No Such Thing As "Too Long" or "Too Short": Why A Game's Length Is Irrelevant: Time is but a face on the water. Or something.
- Blast From The Past | Chaos: The Battle of Wizards: We're talking waaay back in the past here.
- Dead Island: Riptide Hands-On Preview | Storm Warning: After a so-so original we're expecting much more.
- Game Buzz | Episode 23 - Getting the Hardware Horn: Podcast topics: Devs loving the PS4, the Piston box thingy and the visual turd stain that is Army of Two.