The first Nintendo Direct broadcast of the year was big news this week with release details of upcoming Wii U/3Ds titles and the new, erm New 3DS. We have a roundtable of our personal highlights for you to dive into. We also take a look at the hottest exclusives to look out for on PS4 and Xbox One in 2015. There are also hot topic opinion pieces on the latest games including Bloodborne, Evolve, and GTA V on PC. Carl asks if WildStar can make a comeback in 2015 and I ask if The Order: 1886 is set to be another 'next-gen' letdown or if it's just a victim of poorly chosen demos.
With so many games to save up for Jon takes a look at the very best of the free to play titles out there and even dusts off Destiny for one last chance, only to find he's finally fallen in love with it - mine's still refusing to sell for asking price on eBay. Some Boomerang game rental customers had their account details stolen this week and Matt has some strong words on the company's rather pathetic apology. Enjoy links to all of the above and more below and don't forget to enter our Avernum 2 competition!
- Forgiving Destiny: why my Biggest Disappointment Of 2014 is winning me back: Not me, I've been trying to eBay my copy for a month.
- Skint after Christmas? These 10 great free games to see you through to Spring: Hurry up, Planetside 2.
- What we expect, want and need from tomorrow's Nintendo Direct: Did they deliver?
- Evolve's desperate pre-purchase bonuses are monstrously worrying: At least they're doing extensive beta tests.
- GTA V on PC - delayed, but also definitive: Can't have nice things.
- Why am I excited for Bloodborne? Because I don't like Dark Souls: Is BB set to be tough but fair?
- "Nintendo just won 2015. In January!" - Nintendo Direct Impressions: If you like re-releases and pointless expensive toys.
- Down, but not out yet – Can WildStar turn it around for 2015?: Wild what now?
- Greatness Awakes: The PS4 Exclusives Of 2015: Oh dear, The Order's included by default.
- COMMENT | Boomerang offering £12 Payback Points and "Legend" status as compensation for "website issues": A slap in the face would have been cheaper.
- COMPETITION | Win Avernum 2: Crystal Souls! [Steam]: Be in it to win it, fools!
- Everything To Prove: The Xbox One Exclusives Of 2015: A quieter year?
- From The Vault | Xenoblade Chronicles Review: Buy this for cheap now or wait for the headache edition on New 3DS.
- The Order: 1886 – Another ‘next-gen’ letdown or a victim of poorly chosen demos?: Hopefully, I'm wrong on all counts.