This week was the calm before the storm that is Gamescom, the largest gaming expo on the planet. There's a rich selection of links for our top news stories after the break and you should be sure to catch up on the multiplayer reveal videos for this years' two biggest titles in Grand Theft Auto V and Call of Duty: Ghosts. Then get them pre-ordered via the tempting deals I've posted this weekend.
Saints Row IV scored exceptionally well in our reviews this week and we were also pleasantly surprised by Payday 2, which is best enjoyed with friends. We also have verdicts for the likes of Steamworld Dig, Cubetracter, DuckTales Remastered and Papers, Please.
In our features we have playthrough videos for Saints Row IV and Papers, Please. New Payday 2 players will want to check out Jon's survival tips and parents may want to have a read of my Seven Things You Should Know about Disney Infinity - then take out a loan. There are also hands-on reports for the likes of Rayman Legends and Memoria. Next week's roundup will be absolutely stuffed with previews from Gamescom and with any luck we'll have some console release dates to report too.
- UK Games Charts | 10th August 2013: Who's got a sunny number 1?
- Project Phoenix Kickstarter Commences: Ambitious Indie JRPG From Veteran AAA Developers: Target now reached.
- Peter Molyneux: Xbox One Backlash Was "Unfair": That's it Peter. You're in the Pachter bin and are now banished from my roundups for talking bollocks.
- Microsoft: Xbox One Will Work Without Kinect Sensor After All: Microsoft, looking like a dog noming on it's own arse again.
- Xbox One Controller Gets New Video, Will Be PC Compatible Next Year: Video worth a look for a close up.
- New Splinter Cell: Blacklist Video Features Co-Op Mission Walkthrough: Devs make an amusing mess of their spy games.
- Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches DLC Now Available: It's Daud time again.
- PES 2014 Tutorial Video Shows Off Ball Control: First-touch controls look amazing, can't wait to try.
- Xbox One Will Automatically Detect & Avert Overheating: But will probably explode one day after warranty expires.
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist Trailer Boasts "100 Ways To Play: But shows less than ten.
- Hilarious GTA V Videos Introduce Us To Hopeless Governor Candidates: Both douche bags, status quo.
- Kickstarter Co-Founder Warns That Stretch Goals Can Be Dangerous: I.e: stop being greedy.
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Multiplayer Revealed: Trailer and full presentation available.
- The Wonderful 101 Launch Trailer Unites Up: Still bonkers.
- Football Manager 2014 Announced & Detailed: Annual addiction update.
- GAME To Stock Pokemon Rumble U NFC Toys: Skylanders, Disney Infinity and now this? What a terrible time to have children.
- Nintendo Ordered To Pay Ex-Sony Engineer $15m Over 3DS Tech: Down from $30 million at least.
- Capcom: Resident Evil Will Return To Its Roots After "Bloated" Resi 6: Capcom inspired by The Last of Us.
- Grand Theft Auto Online Revealed In New Video: Can we touch it yet, please?
- [UPDATED] Grand Theft Auto Online Info Roundup: Carl gives us the latest info.
- Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Class Tweaks Detailed: Hopefully, the community won't send death threats to the devs as they did with COD.
- Guild Wars 2 Becomes Fastest-Ever-Selling Western MMORPG: Time for smugness at Ncsoft.
- GAME Holding Diablo III PS3 Lock-Ins Next Week, Win A Trip To BlizzCon: Thanks Preston. No shows as per usual.
- PlayStation Vita Pets To Challenge Nintendogs: Why do they have to talk? Why!?
- 12 Minutes of Dying Light Gameplay: Looks way better than Dead Island.
- SteamWorld Dig Review | We Can Dig It: Cos we ain't suckas.
- PayDay 2 Review | Four Score: Don't worry, it scores more than four.
- Saints Row IV Review | Superpowered Sandbox: I told you guys it would be awesome.
- DuckTales Remastered Review | Quack To The Future: Overpriced and not the 'classic' we remember.
- Cubetractor Review | You've Pulled: Pulled a cube, dude.
- Papers, Please Review | “APPROVED. Cause No Trouble.”: Come fly with us.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Saints Row IV Gameplay - Flashpoints and Towers: Matt shows us some missions you'll experience.
- John Robertson's The Dark Room | Edinburgh Fringe Interview - When Text Adventures And Stand-Up Collide: Matt working even on holiday.
- Seven Things You Should Know About Disney Infinity: Parents who can't say no to their kids should be worried.
- COMMENT | How Optional Kinect Could Be One U-Turn Too Many: Unless you've had your eye on a PS4.
- Top Ten Tuesdays | PayDay 2 Survival Guide: How to pull off the perfect heist.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Papers, Please - Border Control 101: Yep, there's officially a game for everything ever now.
- Rayman Legends Hands-On Preview | An Unexpected Delight: The limbless wonder returns.
- Hands-On With Memoria | Daedalic's Fantasy Adventure Channels The Sierra Gems Of Yesteryear: The old genre is coming back in style.
- Gamescom 2013 Hub: Bookmark this link for all our coverage of the world's largest gaming expo.
- Game Buzz | Episode 43 - The Trouble With Kinect: Imagine us casting about Microsoft U-turning again.
- Gamescom 2013 Preview | A New Dawn: See what the team will be covering next week.