In the news this week we're still reeling from the sudden news that EA are dropping online passes for future releases. Is it a good thing or are they going to start milking us in even nastier ways? Or maybe it's a hollow victory if Microsoft are going to block preowned games anyway? We're sure they won't be that daft though. Elsewhere, the Metro devs don't want you to feel sorry for them just because they worked in freezing conditions, and Sega pimped out Sonic for a Wii U exclusive of all things.
Our reviews section consist of a solitary awful Pokemon game. But you can look forward to our review of Ubisoft's Gunslinger tomorrow at least. In the features we try and get our head around EA's suspiciously nice decision to drop the online pass and we get some hands-on time with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, The Last of Us, the latest Borderlands 2 DLC and the first-person horror title, Among the Sleep, where you play from the terrified perspective of a toddler.
- Watch Six Minutes Of Watch Dogs Gameplay Footage: Saved up the cash for a PS4 yet?
- Metro Last Light Demo Shows Alternate Play Styles: Save bullets and go stealth.
- PS4 Hardware Costs "Much Lighter Than The Past Platform": Sony aim to lose less next-gen.
- UK Games Charts | 11th May 2013: A festering mess seems to have got stuck on the top spot.
- The REDkit Emerges Properly, Get Cracking Witcher Fans!: Make Witcher III first?
- Square Enix Posts ¥13.7 Billion Loss For FY2013, Financial Report Released: Fixing the Final Fantasy franchise would help.
- Killzone Mercenary Is Looking Pretty Shiny In New Trailer: More stabby than shiny. Neck stabby. Eye stabby. Yeah, pretty stabby.
- New Pokemon X/Y Trailer Reveals That You Can Sit Down! May Contain New Pokemon Too: I must be missing something.
- Rayman Legends Gets A New, Watery Trailer: Summer's most promising platformer takes a dip.
- Nvidia Shield Vid Shows Off Final Design And Features: And toastie making features.
- Rift To Go Free-To-Play This June: If only the upcoming Final Fantasy: XIV would do the same.
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Origins Trailer Released: Back from the dead and looking good.
- It’s Official – Gran Tusimo 6 Is Coming This Year: Wouldn't this have been better on PS4?
- EA: 'We’re Discontinuing The Online Pass': What? *Checks window for flying pigs.*
- Ubisoft Puts 1666 On Hold After Désilets' Departure: Yep, we'd forgotten it existed anyway.
- Sony's Panopticon Looks Like Cyberpunk Monster Hunter: We don't know what it is, but we want it.
- 4A Creative Director Confirms Horrendous Working Conditions, But Says Gamers "Don't Care": Devs that manned up and got on with it.
- Missed Today's Nintendo Direct? Catch Up Here: Pikmin footage, but not a lot else.
- Sonic: Lost World To Be Wii U Exclusive As Nintendo and SEGA Announce Partnership: Time to burn my Mega Drive? The betrayal will burn longer.
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity Review | It Hurt Itself In Its Confusion!: Actually, Jon threw it down the stairs.
- Borderlands 2: Krieg The Psycho Hands-On Preview | Hurt Me More!: Touching the mental.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Project Zomboid – This Is How I Died Part 1: Part 2 mainly involves narrating zombies feasting on Carl's remains.
- Eight Reasons Why 2K Marin's XCOM Game Deserves Another Chance: Because the aliens have a nasty-looking probe, that's why.
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Hands-On Preview | Not Your Regular Office Job: Going hands-on with the Mad Men/X-Files mashup.
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Interview | Producer Nico Bihary Talks Progression, Permadeath, and Public Perception: And massive headlines.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Among The Sleep Alpha: First-person toddler terror.
- COMMENT | EA Killed The Online Pass With Greed: But how will EA replace it?
- The Last of Us Hands-On Preview | Oh, The Humanity: Naughty Dog's latest starts to open up.
- Game Buzz | Episode 32 - So Long, Online Pass!: Celebrations in the podcast?
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Project Zomboid - This Is How I Died Part 2: Carl's surviving the zombie invasion. Sort of.