There were some odd happenings in the news this week, namely EA announcing that SimCity would be getting an offline mode - not the quickest response there. Colonial Marines clawed its ugly ass back up the charts, the Hitman devs sent an open letter to the fans, Valve adapted their upcoming controller and Nintendo admit they're selling sod all units of the Wii U.
Slim pickings in the reviews this week, but seeing as Banner Saga is pretty bloody good, we're not complaining. In the features we have articles on the ailing Wii U and the awesomeness of PS Plus and indies on the PS4. We also look at how EA can avoid getting voted the worst company in America again and we take a look at Razer's concept for a modular PC, which looks amazing, but will it ever actually be released? With all the Early Access titles floating around, you should be sure to check out Jon's guide on which ones are worth your time too. We know a lot of you can't wait to play Wasteland 2, so check out Matt's hands-on preview for the latest info and have a look at Jon's preview for Planetary Annihilation too. If you're too tired for reading, sit back and enjoy our videos as we have playthroughs for the likes of Don't Starve, Assassin's Creed Liberation HD, 1954 Alcatraz, Next Car Game and WildStar. And finishing up, we have a new regular feature for you in the shape of Game Night where the team get together and record the carnage that takes place.
- SimCity getting offline mode, no-one really cares any more: Too little too late?
- Aliens: Colonial Marines mostly claws its way up the UK charts, mostly: The shit people will buy for cheap.
- Outlast's new PS4 version will be free for PlayStation Plus members at launch: Looking forward to this, but what about DriveClub?
- Can Quantum Break redefine transmedia gaming on Xbox One?: By putting TV episodes between missions? Probably not.
- "We'll work on a boat!" - No Man's Sky devs are flooded but unbowed: They're not even resorting to kickstarter. Walking tall, gentlemen.
- Valve ditches touchscreen in favour of face buttons for Steam Controller: It still looks like a nightmare though.
- Hitman: IO's open letter promises much, but can they still deliver?: A letter of intent to test the waters?
- Nintendo prepares for massive losses, expects Wii U to tank: As if you publish your complete lack of faith in your own products. Morons.
- The Banner Saga Review | If Disney Did Game of Thrones: But with a few more grid-based RPG sections.
- WildStar: The Noob | Episode 6 - A Blight Queen and a Burnt Sneeze: The Borg and the blight.
- Plug & Pay Monthly: Is The World Ready For Razer's Crazy Modular PC?: Like the concept cars of trade shows, is this doomed to be eyes-only?
- Wasteland 2 Early Access Impressions | The Paralysis of Choice: Paying to be a tester? Always going to seem odd to me.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Don't Starve - PS4 Gameplay: A rare miss for PS Plus. So, so dull.
- When The Golden Poo Hits The Fans: How EA Can Avoid A Faeces Hat-Trick: By taking the internet away from fat crying babies living in their mom's basement?
- Planetary Annihilation Early Access Preview | Overwhelming Force On A Solar Scale: Pricey but worth it?
- PS4: How PlayStation Plus and Indie Support May Prove Sony's Greatest Weapon: Well, as long as we don't have to play more like Don't Starve.
- WildStar: The Noob | Episode 7 - It's All Gone A Bit Sir Francis Drake: Matt plays explorer.
- "I have no idea what's going on" | Misadventures in PlanetSide 2: Utter madness at the Planetside party.
- WildStar: The Noob | Episode 8 - Biochemical Warfare: What's Lazarin up to today?
- Game Night | The Pilot Part 1 - PlanetSide 2: The team get together online.
- Crushers, Cannons & Car-sketball | Next Car Game Tech Demo Video Preview: Why race when you can play carsketball?
- The Wii U Is Failing, Roll On The Gamecube II: Or, just stop it now.
- Taking The Plunge | Eleven Exciting Early Access Games That Deserve Your Attention: Don't worry, we won't accuse you of being a hipster.
- Game Night | The Pilot Part 2 - PlanetSide 2: Planetside 2 gets another round.
- 1954 Alcatraz Preview Playthrough | 30 Mins of Daedalic's Noir Adventure: Where's Clint?
- Opening Scenes | Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD - First 20 Mins: Are Ubisoft onto another winner?
- Sony Coy On Western DriveClub Release. But Why?: A long road ahead for Sony's racer?