A good week for the Xbox One this week with a console update smoothing over the experience and some new maps were announced for Titanfall. PS4 owners can at least look forward to a free update that will seriously beef up the video editor. Elsewhere, we found out that 37% of all Steam sold games have never been played, not that this will stop us snapping up those bundles. Oh, and Snoop Dogg is going to be in COD. Just because.
Trials Fusion and Lego The Hobbit were the big hitters in our reviews section this week. but we also have the smaller games covered too in the shapes and sounds of Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom, Warlock II: The Exiled and Beware Planet Earth.
Just look at that previews section, it's all sorts of packed. We have previews for WildStar, Orbitalis, Nosgoth (there's an interview too), Private Eye and Van Helsing 2. Video footage includes a Nosgoth playthrough, Carl's Reload show and Broforce. There are articles on VR's place in the living room (or potential lack of) and the recent firing of a respected Halo composer. Chris takes at look at some gaming Easter Eggs and the curse of continuing a gaming franchise. Matt's review journal continues with The Elder Scrolls Online and we ponder that Warner Bros may be taking the mick with the never-ending stream of Lego titles after the disappointing Hobbit game.
- Last-gen Titans & next-gen Hobbits do battle in this week's UK Charts: Now that's the sort of DLC we want!
- Titanfall: Expedition DLC contains three new maps, count 'em: Better value than COD's packs though.
- 4X Fans Rejoice! Sid Meier's next Civilization goes Beyond Earth as a spiritual sequel to Alpha Centauri: Firaxis have been stealing Jon's dreams again.
- Xbox One April update is live, makes stuff better: How cool are firmware updates!
- Looks like Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction is back on track... without Duke Nukem?: Do we want this?
- 2014 is The Year Of The Vita: If you like niche at least.
- "Cap 'em and shank 'em!" - Snoop Dogg will commentate on CoD: Ghosts in DLC voice pack: Ha ha ha, oh wait... you're serious?
- Backlog by the numbers - 37% of all purchased Steam games have never been played: Shame!
- PS4 getting digital pre-loads & beefy DVR editor in next update: Finally! The current options are cack.
- Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom Review | Don't Bother Finding It: It's not too bad for the youngest of gamers though.
- Beware Planet Earth! PC Review | B-Moovie: Cattle rustlers from space?
- Warlock II: The Exiled Review | Setting An Hexample: More of a 1.5 instead of a full sequel?
- Lego The Hobbit Review | Traveller's Treasure or Witless Worm?: "You have grown old, slow and fat."
- Trials Fusion Review | Face(plant) Piles Of Trials With Smiles: Has Joe Danger been dethroned?
- The Incredible Adventures Of Van Helsing 2 Preview | Vamp, Vamp!: No to be confused with the boyband.
- Private Eye: The Oculus Rift Thriller Preview | VR Voyeur: Jon steps into the Virtual Reality title.
- WildStar Preview | Warplots – Go Big or Go Home: Carl dons his MMO cap for an extensive update.
- 0RBITALIS Early Access Impressions | Star-Bound Satellites: Odd, and definitely niche, but also promising.
- Nosgoth Preview | Kain's Legacy Hangs In The Balance: I'd still prefer another Kain game to be honest.
- Nosgoth Interview: Bill Beacham on the importance of lore, asymmetrical multiplayer, and making free-to-play work: Matt investigate's the new online title.
- Unpacking Nosgoth's Asymmetrical PvP | Dealspwn Playthrough: Have a look at some live gameplay.
- Game Night | Broforce - #OOOOOOOOOOOH: See what's got our action nostalgia juices flowing.
- Dealspwn Reload | Gaming SitRep - 14/04/14: Carl's weekly recap.
- Happy Easter: The Video Game Easter Egg: Tell us your favourites too.
- The Curse of the Franchise: Less Is Never More: Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
- OPINION | VR Has No Place In The Living Room: The same could be said of most gaming though to be honest.
- COMMENT: Snap Marty Up Quick, 343i - O'Donnell *IS* Halo: He's also fired.
- Throttle back, Warner Bros... or LEGO will go the way of Guitar Hero: Time for Warner to slow down?
- The Elder Scrolls Online Review Journal: Part Three - Eight Things I Love and Loathe About The Elder Scrolls Online: The highs and lows of TESO so far.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Review Journal: Part Four - Crafting Is Bliss: Hmm, needs more bone powder.