Amidst all the cancelled Kickstarter news from the Yogscast team there were some tasty new trailers to get us in the mood for upcoming releases like Assassin's Creed Unity, Project Zero 5, Super Smash Bros and The Walking Dead. There was also a trailer for the newly announced Tekken 7, but it failed to show us any gameplay whatsoever, instead focusing on the batshit mental family feud that's been torturing cutscenes throughout the series' history. Bad Bandai! And bad Microsoft, who fired 18,000 people this week (very bad) and shut down Xbox Entertainment Studios (not so bad).
Our Divinity: Original sin review may have been a long time coming, but this is a game that was well worth the wait as you can see with Matt's review of the RPG. Also racking up a high score this week is the Sokoban-inspired, Sokobond.
It's hard to believe our features section is so packed despite the Destiny beta landing this week. But land it did and we have our first wave of videos to prove it as Matt and myself work tirelessly to bring you the hottest content -ha, look at us pretending playing Destiny all day is work. You've probably been playing it too, if you haven't and you didn't enter our competition, then more fool you and keep an eye on the site in-case we have another prize draw next week. Jon has penned a careful reminder of what our expectations about kickstarter should actually be in the wake of the yogscast debacle. The team also have the latest previews for Sunset Overdrive, Radial-G, Splatoon, Myriad and A Good snowman is Hard to Build. There are also videos and interviews for the likes of Star Citizen's Arena Commander, Sunset Overdrive, Radial-G and Supraball. Also be sure to check out our new Community Feedback video where things get a little bit, well you'll just have to watch it. Enjoy the links below and be sure to come back next week for more, including hands-on previews for Evolve and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel from my trip to MCM Comic Con Manchester earlier today. If I see one more Naruto headband or ill-advised corset...
- Tekken 7 will be "the final battle": Let's hope it's better than this boring trailer.
- Watch Dogs sells 8 million copies, now top dog in the UK Games Charts: Not bad at all for a new IP.
- FALCON PUNCH! Three new Smash Bros characters revealed: Enter Fire Emblem fighters.
- Valve VR Guru predicts a grim money-grubbing future: Well, we still want VR.
- Assassin's Creed: Unity trailers retcon the revolution: Can't wait for the new controlled descents (falling with style).
- Gorgeous shooter Myriad targeting PS4: "it looks ridiculously cool": Not to be played hungover.
- Devs want Early Access on consoles, but do we?: Nope, you can stick your paid demos.
- Star Citizen gunning for $50 million, will make its own languages: Feature glut much?
- Firefall has fixed its killer flaw in time for overdue launch: But we're all playing WildStar now.
- Jump high, dig deep in Titanfall's next map pack: With improvements to matchmaking, are you heading back?
- Wii U exclusive Project Zero 5 leaps out, makes us jump: But, not in this lifeless trailer.
- The Walking Dead: Season 2 Episode 4 strolls out next week: Has The Wolf Among Us dethroned the series though?
- Former dictator sues Call Of Duty in slow news week: Some people have no shame.
- The final U-turn? Microsoft shuts down Xbox Entertainment Studios: A staggering 18,000 jobs lost.
- Doom 4 is a double-jumping circle-strafing skull-crushing ultraviolent reboot: And it's now just called 'Doom'. This lazy renaming shit is going to make collections a real mess in the future.
- Have 10 mins of Fable Legends offscreen gameplay footage: At least there's no Molyneux bullshit attached.
- Divinity: Original Sin Review | Simply Divine: Not that original sin, you dirty sods.
- Sokobond Review | Steam Molecules: Possibly the most coma-inducing screenshots since the 1995 Concrete Catalogue.
- Game Night Extra | More Noobish Supraball: We'll do some 'work' soon honest.
- Game Night | Supraball - The New Patch: New rules, same newbs.
- PREVIEW | Myriad makes & breaks worlds, reinvents the twinstick shooter: With ALL the colours.
- PREVIEW | A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build is cuddly & cunning: But it's so hot outside!
- PREVIEW | When Crackdown met Jet Set Radio - Sunset Overdrive is pure, unadulterated Insomniac: But it's not for you, Sony.
- PREVIEW | Nintendo's Titanfall - Splatoon is rip-roaring, refreshing fun: It's just a shame you need a Wii U to play it.
- PREVIEW | Radial-G: Kickstarting the Virtual Reality WipEout we've been waiting for: Looks insane, but brilliantly so.
- Pledge only what you can afford to lose: Yogventures & Moon Rift teach vital Kickstarter lessons: Like to remember Kickstarter is effectively charity.
- Radial-G Interview | Military-Grade Arcade Racing On Oculus Rift & Project Morpheus: This is looking promising.
- Community Feedback | #1 - The Great Facial Hair Debate, & Diablo Douches: I'm still not sure what I've just witnessed.
- VIDEO | Sunset Overdrive Gameplay vs Jet Set Radio - Remix: Can you tell we're excited for this one?
- Sunset Overdrive Interview - Insomniac's James Stevenson on freedom and fun: It's like Ratchet went totally off the deep end.
- Arena Commander - Drone Sim Gameplay | Dealspwn Playthrough: Play it before you need the phrasebook.
- Crowdfunding and Corruption - Game Buzz #84: Naughty, naughty yogscast.
- Opening Scenes | Destiny Beta Gameplay - First 15 Mins on PS4: Must get back to this.
- Let's Play...Destiny Beta: Lvl 2 Story Mission - Restoration: Time to turn that switch!
- Let’s Play…Destiny Beta: Lvl 3 Story Mission – The Dark Within: Are you enjoying the beta too?