A quiet one this week in the console wars, with Microsoft trying not to put their foot in it for once by saying anything stupid. They have admitted the Surface has been an utter failure so far though. Mark Cerny in the PS4 camp has been keen to tell us about abandoned biometric controllers and his mission to capture the hearts of an extra 2 billion gamers. New reveals include another edition of Street Fighter IV, a Strider reboot, Dishonored DLC and a European release date for Dragon's Crown - a Vita game!
You know it's a quiet week for reviews when I'm getting excited about a headset, but that's what happened anyway when I tried out the Aftershokz Bluez. Jon covered a couple of titles including the XBLA version of Capsized and the PC puzzler/platformer Wyv and Keep. Yes, that is spelt right.
In the features, we've spent a lot of time looking back over the first half of this year to bring you our individual picks for favourite game, best moment, our thoughts about next-gen post E3 2013 and naturally what titles we're most looking forwards to before the year's out. Elsewhere, we have hands-on preview reports for Splinter Cell: Blacklist (single and multiplayer) and The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot. In our Community Corner, DivideByZero takes a look at the state of the world of Kickstarter, which has come under increasing scrutiny of late. Maybe they're going to go the same way as New York's beggars?
- BioShock Vita: Levine Still "Trying To Make A Match" Between Sony & 2K: Let's be realistic. This isn't going to happen.
- UK Games Charts | 13th July 2013:The Last of Us nails five weeks at the top.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV Revealed For Early 2014: And you thought they were done?
- OZombie Kickstarter Campaign Cancelled: They got greedy and it backfired.
- F1 2013 Revealed For Current-Gen With A Trilogy Of Trailers: Still no rockets.
- Xbox One: Microsoft May Bring Back Family Sharing, Admits Communication Failings: The clusterfuck continues.
- Oculus Rift CEO Wants To Drive Down Costs: "We'd Love It To be Free One Day": Reality check for those guys.
- Cerny: Sony Prototyped Biometric PS4 Controller: Something for the PS5 maybe?
- Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches DLC Dated & Detailed: More Dishonored is always a good thing.
- State Of Decay Coming To PC Before Year's End: XBLA mega hit shuffles over to desktops.
- Forza 5 Requires Mandatory Day-One Download To Play: First world problems yo.
- Key SimCity Developers Leave Maxis To Form Indie Studio: 'Cos nobody else wanted them?
- PES 2014 Not Targeting Next-Gen Due To Concerns Over Install Base: After playing your first few PS3 games, I'd say that's a good idea.
- Need For Speed: Most Wanted To Join Playstation Plus In August: And Spec: Ops The Line. Boom-sauce.
- Dragon's Crown Confirmed For Europe: See, there was a point to me posting all those trailers.
- Project Zomboid Developer: The Kickstarter Bubble 'Looks Set To Burst': We're still yet to see a decent game from Kickstarter.
- Xbox SmartGlass Neither "Responsive" Nor "Popular" Enough For Rayman Legends, Says Creator: Go and sit with the Wii U, SmartGlass-no-mates.
- Cross-Gen Strider Reboot Announced: I can't put my finger on why, but this looks awful.
- Copperhead Revealed For Batman: Arkham Origins: Hear that scraping? Is it Copperhead's claws or Warner scraping the barrel.
- Microsoft Lost $900m On Surface Tablets: So they won't want the Xbone to flop then?
- State Of Decay Sandbox DLC Will Put Players Through The Wringer: Like agonising choices? You'll love this.
- Carbine Announce The Final Two Races Of WildStar: Who will you choose?
- Square Enix Explain Why Final Fantasy XIV Is Sticking With Subscriptions: Because it wants all the monies.
- PS4 Creator Wants to Bring Mobile Gamers to Consoles: It's about time they got to play with buttons I suppose.
- Dead Rising 3 Dev Diary Shows Sick Skills: And a brave choice of outfit.
- Aftershokz Bluez Bone Conduction Headset Review: Excellent multi-use headset.
- Capsized XBLA Review | Blastaway: Falls short of the PC version.
- Wyv And Keep Review | Treasure Trove: Developed by A Jolly Corpse?
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist Hands-On Preview | Ghosts, Panthers & Gameplay Freedom: Sam's back and looking better than he has in ages.
- Half Time | Staff Picks - Best Games of 2013 So Far: Colonial Marines doesn't get a shout.
- Top Ten Tuesdays | Great Free To Play Games To Get You Through The Summer: Skint? Read this.
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Spies vs Mercs Hands-On Preview | Pandora Today: Multiplayer revealed.
- Half Time | Favourite Gaming Moments of 2013 So Far: Our favourite memories.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot - Opening Gameplay: Watch Carl get all the loot. Most of it anyways.
- The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Preview | Closed Beta Impressions: Has Carl found any epic loot yet? Find out.
- Half Time | Most Anticipated Games of 2013 Yet To Come: Wow, there's some awesome stuff on the horizon.
- Community Corner | Failure To Kickstart: Has the bubble burst?
- Half Time | Thoughts On Next-Gen: To pre-order or not to pre-order?