Seeing as the whole team has been playing the pants off Destiny this week, it wont come as a surprise that our features are dominated by Bungie's $500 million title. We have multiple videos, a Strike guide, Matt talks about his journey to Lv.20 and is also prompted to talk about review scores in the wake of Destiny's 'mediocre' scores.
Other videos include looks at Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U and The Masterplan on Early Access. With the FIFA 15 demo landing this week, Matt sees if EA's claim of additional emotion is being backed up. We also take time to examine Notch's decision to sell Minecraft to Microsoft which has been big news this week, especially if you live on Twitter. Rounding up the week, I take a look at next week's release lineup and point you towards the net's cheapest prices and my Sunday Seven has tips on how breeze through Destiny's Strike missions.
After a few quiet weeks in the Reviews department, we have verdicts on no less than seven games this week. Big console titles include Destiny and Hyrule Warriors. There are plenty of smaller titles to check out too including, Murasaki Baby, Fairy Fencer F, Iron Fisticle, Fantasy Life and Heavy Bullets. So folks, enjoy the links below, have a great week and I'll be back soon with coverage from the upcoming EGX expo. Excited!
- Destiny: The Road to Level 20 - Disposable content and deferred gratification: My kingdom for some blue shoes!
- "It’s not about the money. It’s about my sanity" - Unpacking Notch's leaving letter: I'd take the money too.
- Destiny PS4 Gameplay | Taking on The Summoning Pits: Phogoth the bullet sponge bastard.
- The Masterplan Early Access Gameplay - The Arcade Payday Hold 'Em Up: Reach for the sky!
- Shrewd Business or the End of Days? - Twitter Reacts as Microsoft buy Minecraft for $2.5 billion: Yes Twitter, you bought Minecraft for $10 and you're so witty.
- Opening Scenes | Hyrule Warriors - First 20 Mins Gameplay: More than just another Warriors clone?
- FIFA 15 Demo Impressions | Let's Talk About Our Feelings: Great, more realistic whining overpaid wankers.
- Game Night | Destiny - Dealspwn Vs Phogoth: Watch Matt die twice as I get distracted by new boots.
- Resoundingly Mediocre? - The Trouble With Destiny's Review Scores, and Metacritic Bonuses, and Idiocy: Listen up internet, 7 is a good score.
- Destiny PS4 Gameplay | Combined Arms: Erm, where are the vehicles.
- Minecraft's Destiny - Game Buzz #89: The week's big stories on the podcast.
- Next Week's Releases: Footy, murder and dungeons: Pre-ordering any?
- The Sunday Seven: Destiny Strike Tips: Raid training time folks.
- Iron Fisticle Review | Nailed It: Brilliantly horrid name for a game.
- Murasaki Baby Review - The Colourful Heart of Darkness: Why the upside-down face?
- Fairy Fencer F Review | Final Fanservice: Jon's Jap game net catches all.
- Hyrule Warriors Review | The Best Warriors Game Ever Made: A good thing or a backhanded compliment?
- Destiny Review | Hope for the future: Or an expensive Early Access title?
- Fantasy Life Review | Your Twelve New Day Jobs: Skyrim meets Animal Crossing?
- Heavy Bullets Review | Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang On: Not bangarang?