We're still clearing up the fallout of E3 news this week, but the biggest story has to be that of Microsoft finally coming to their senses and dropping the pre-owned restrictions and always-online silliness from the Xbox One. We'd be celebrating more, but they decided to remove a few other features in a move akin to a spoiled child taking their bat and ball home. Elsewhere we have lots of trailers and gameplay footage from the most exciting new games including The Walking Dead: 400 Days, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Thief, Titanfall and more.
Reviews this week include another essential 3Ds purchase in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the miserably grey pay-to-win FPS shooter Dust 514, a Razer Mamba 4G mouse and the second Wonderbook title, Diggs Nightcrawler.
Our features and podcasts take a few reflections on E3 as we pick out our favourite moments, dissect Microsoft's recent turnaround and also discuss the digital future that they can't decide if we're ready for or not. Another piece has a look at why the continuing success of the 3DS is all very well, but it doesn't mean the Wii U can rely on being a late bloomer too.
- Ryse Designed To Have "Non-Punitive" Combat System: It plays itself basically.
- UK Games Charts | 15th June 2013: The Last of Us proves this gen still has the goods.
- Stick A 21-Minute Killzone: Shadow Fall Gameplay Vid In Your Face: So much shiny. New stuff towards the end.
- EA: Nintendo Need "To Sell More Boxes" To "Fix" Publisher Relationship: Same story, different publisher.
- Sony UK Boss Fergal Gara Elaborates On PS Plus Subscriptions: Actual value for money.
- Avalanche: Used Games An Issue "Because Games Are Too Short": Or rubbish.
- State of Decay Smashes The 500K Sales Barrier: Also, finally knocks Minecraft from the top spot.
- IO Interactive Cancelling Everything Apart From Hitman: Are Kane & Lynch finally dead? Good times.
- PS4: Social Features, Online Media Services Free To All: No extra monies for Netflix etc.
- Thief 4: Put Half an Hour Of Gameplay Footage In Your Face: Try not to watch in a sunlit room.
- Mattrick Defends Xbox One's Price: "We're Over-Delivering Value": You're over-selling bullshit, Mattrick.
- Microsoft Officially Giving Away Fable 3 Until June 30th: The mistake, now a 'gift'.
- 3DS Ends Xbox 360's 28 Month Hardware Number 1 Streak: A strong lineup could ensure two months at the top.
- Have 15 Mins Of Murdered: Soul Suspect Gameplay Footage: New stuff alert!
- The Walking Dead's Sean Vanaman Chats To Peter Molyneux About Storytelling In Games: How long can you look at Molyneux's self-important face? I lasted 40 seconds.
- BREAKING: Microsoft Backtrack On DRM, Used Games Policy For Xbox One: Excellent news, but is the damage already done?
- Xbox One: Day One Update Inbound, Kinect Still Required, No Family Sharing: MS take their bat and ball home after the above backtracking.
- New PS Plus Video Tells You "All You Need To Know": Free Planetside 2 without PS Plus? Boom.
- Killzone: Mercenary Video Shows Off 17 Mins Of Gameplay: The Vita's killer app? Or it's only decent FPS?
- REPORT: "Heartbroken MS Employee" Laments Microsoft U-Turn: Cry us a river kiddo.
- Details For Assassin’s Creed 4's DLC Emerge: Hear that? That's the sound of your first next-gen milking.
- Titanfall Dev Diary Talks Balancing Mechs and Infantry: MS's only decent-looking exclusive.
- Technology Meets Cthulhu In MagRunner: Dark Pulse Launch Trailer: Portal without the humour?
- Battlefield 3 and Saints Row 3 Coming to PS Plus in July: We're gonna need a bigger hard-drive.
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Gets 5 Minute E3 Trailer: Am I going to pay monthly subs for a game. NO!.....Maybe.
- The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC Trailer: Wreck/save lives next month.
- The Night of the Rabbit Review | A Delightful Daedelic Tale: Heart warming, charming and sweet. Matt has feelings.
- Dust 514 Review | Shaky War Economy: It's AUR or nothing in this pay to win shooter.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf Review | Welcome, Mr. Mayor: I have no idea what Animal Crossing is. It's awesome though apparently.
- Razer Mamba 4G 2012 Edition Review | A Little Bite Of Luxury: Camel-toe mouse. Try unseeing that now.
- Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler Review | Den Detective: Crime caper on your carpet.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | DUST 514 Double Feature: It's all so grey. Wait for Planetside 2 instead.
- E3 2013 | Most Anticipated Upcoming Games: What filled our 'Want' metres at E3.
- COMMENT | 3DS: An Essential Console - But Why Treading In The 3DS' Footsteps Won't Help The Wii U: The Wii U enigma continues.
- ROUNDTABLE | Things We Took Away From E3: The team's impressions from the show.
- COMMENT | Microsoft's Capitulation: We're Not Ready For Our Own Digital Future: Not that you'd want Microsoft to run one for you.
- Game Buzz Extra | Xbox 180 - Microsoft's U-Turn on DRM and Used Games: Matt and Carl chat about MS's sudden 180.
- Game Buzz | Episode 36 - Digital Futures: Xboners, Wii U woes and PS Plus pleasantness in the podcast.