We've really been putting the Deals into Dealspwn this week. With Christmas and Black Friday fast approaching, we've been working hard with the HotUkDeals community to bring you the hottest cheap game prices and some seriously jaw-dropping console bundle deals. With that in mind, we've put together a range of Buyer's guides for the PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, 3DS/2DS and PS Vita telling you all about the consoles and the best bundles we can find. Keep an eye on those, as we'll keep updating them with the latest deals.
With so many great deals, we've had a lot of new visitors to the sight, so we'll take this opportunity to say 'Welcome!' and thanks for coming to take a look at Dealspwn.com. This 'At A glance' feature is where we round up all of our Feature articles and Reviews each week and provide a list of links to each one below. This week, in addition to the Buyer's Guides we have a Black Friday intro guide, year-one reviews of the Xbox One and PS4 and our weekly look at the upcoming releases along with links to the best prices.
There's more. You can find Opening Scenes videos for Far Cry 4 and LittleBigPlanet 3, a preview for Deathtrap, a look at the last minute retraction of Elite: Dangerous' offline mode and Matt asks about the grim prospects of the naughty scenes in GTA V (you know damn well what we're talking about) now that it has a first-person view. Jon's got the lowdown on what the recent Halo Collection patch has fixed and also what it hasn't. More importantly, find out why his Wii U rudely woke him up in the middle of the night to sell him DLC.
We managed to squeeze in a few reviews when not deal hunting this week. Assassin's Creed Unity is going to have get pretty cheap before we start pretending to show any enthusiasm, as it looks like it's beyond a few patches to fix the most disappointing entry to the series yet. Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham shows the series is running out of ideas, but we still can't help but play the pants off the thing, especially in co-op - I'll try again with next year's resolution of not wasting so much time collecting Trophies. Ok, that's the lot, enjoy the links below and be sure to keep an eye on our Deals section next week in the run up to Black Friday.
- Xbox One Christmas Buyer's Guide: Fancy the green side this Xmas? Then this guide is for you.
- PlayStation 4 Christmas Buyer's Guide: Or maybe, it's all about team blue?
- Wii U Christmas Buyer's Guide: Looking for a secondary console?
- PlayStation Vita Christmas Buyer's Guide: A great console for niche, indie and RPG titles.
- Nintendo 3DS & 2DS Christmas Buyer's Guide: Ninty's handhelds dominate the market, but is it for you?
- Black Friday: The Ultimate Guide - Console bundle bargains, games deals, and utter retail madness: WTF is Black Friday? Read this.
- Xbox One: A Year in Review - Spencer the Saviour: It's been one hell of a turnaround.
- PS4: A Year In Review - Nice Sales, But Where Are The Marquee Games?: In 2015 it would seem. Or I hope at least.
- Next Week’s Releases and Cheapest Prices: Bro Beatings and and Sackboy Siblings: Oh, this is where Nintendo have been hiding their Xmas games.
- Microsoft started the bloodiest price war in console history: But they're still lagging behind the PS4?
- Opening Scenes | Far Cry 4 - First 15 Mins Gameplay: Pagan Min is our new favourite villain for 2014.
- Opening Scenes | LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4) - First 10 Mins: Laurie are Fry back, folks.
- COMMENT | LittleBigPlanet 3 Is Exactly What The PS4 Needs This Christmas: That's funny, it doesn't look like Uncharted.
- COMMENT | Frontier's Elite: Dangerous 11th hour offline mode U-turn is an anti-consumer insult: Too late, they have your money now!
- PREVIEW | Deathtrap: Diablo meets Tower Defence in a bloodsoaked gothic romp: Remember when they tried to get the French out of the castle in Monty Python? It's nothing like that.
- Bumping Uglies: GTA 5's first-person sex - porn, parody, or a depressing modern parallel?: Take your pick?
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection update fixes everything... except matchmaking: *bangs head against wall*
- My Wii U woke me up to sell DLC - tread lightly, Nintendo!: That's why my Wii U sleeps outside at night. Plus it shat on the carpet.
- Happy Birthday New-Gen! | Game Buzz #98: The podcast eats some new-gen cake. Needs more butter-cream.
- From The Vault | The Pokemon Complex: Rolling back the clock at Dealswpn.com.
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Review | Ah, No: Jesus, Ubisoft. What a ballsup this was.
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Review | Holy Stagnation, Batman!: Mostly fun in co-op though.