The biggest news this week was Sony finally officially unveiling their new Virtual Reality headset, Project Morpheus at GDC. Not far behind though was Ubisoft also giving into pressure from numerous leaks and admitting a new Paris-based AC game is in the works for PS4, Xbox One and PC in the shape of Assassin's Creed: Unity. The game will be set during the French Revolution, so there won't even be an Eiffel tower to climb. It's not like we all wanted to go to ancient Japan or China though is it? There's always 2015 folks.
There are tonnes of ace games to play right now though as shown in our reviews section. This week we have verdicts on Infamous: Second Son, Dark Souls II, Luftrausers, The Witch and the Hundred Knight, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F and more shite Dead Rising 3 DLC. I dipped into some hardware reviews this week and checked out three of Orb's PS4 headsets - they're pretty good.
Titanfall and Dark Souls II dominate our features with lots of video coverage from Matt/Jon and Carl respectively - I know, poor Carl right? Chris put together a Dark Souls II survival guide, Carl took a break to check on WildStar's progress, Matt played an early build of Warlock II and we interviewed Dealspwn regular reader and developer Andy ford, about his upcoming Wii U game. That was the week that was then. We'll let you get back to Titanfall/Infamous/Dark Souls II now.
- Titanfall dominates this week's charts, surprises absolutely no-one: Take that, Yoshi!
- Spec Ops creator fights AAA "creative stagnation" with new indie studio: Probably won't make something with tacked-on MP then.
- SimCity's offline mode goes live today, take the win mayors: Too late, EA?
- Xbox One getting friend notifications & Kinect improvements next month: Huzzah, they've listened!
- The worst kept secret in gaming is out - Sony unveil VR plans at GDC: We want it, but how much will it be?
- Next-gen Assassin's Creed set during French Revolution, says leaked screenshots: Rumours?
- Assassin's Creed: Unity officially announced: Voila. Rumours confirmed.
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Review | New Boss: Big snake or little worm?
- Luftrausers Review | Mighty Wings: Ze Germans are coming?
- Dark Souls II Review | Self-Schadenfreude: Fans only?
- Dead Rising 3: The Last Agent DLC Review | The Least Pointless: Bought a Season Pass? Bad!
- inFamous: Second Son Review | Super In Seattle: Who needs Titanfall?
- The Witch And The Hundred Knight Review | Swamp Thing: Acronym of TWATHR. Nuff said.
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F Vita Review | Vital Vocaloids: Rhythm action game or Exhibit A in your trial?
- Orb Accessories PS4 Headset Range Review: Three PS4 headsets covered.
- Titanfall IMC Campaign #4 - Jon & Matt Get Barker: First Titanfall video of the week.
- Matt Plays... Warlock II: The Exiled | Hextacular Planestriding: Sexy hexy?
- Titanfall Survival Guide, Tips & Tactics: Getting your ass kicked? Read this.
- Top Ten Tuesday | Surviving Dark Souls 2's First Few Hours: Think I'm going to need more than a guide.
- Carl Versus Dark Souls II #5 | For Pate's Sake: Carl struggles in the darkness.
- Titanfall IMC Campaign #5 - Jon & Matt Defend the Sentinel: It's not for you.
- Titanfall IMC Campaign #6 - Jon & Matt Retake Control Of Outpost Panzer Dragoon: Wait, what?
- Carl Versus Dark Souls II #6 - Vengeance!: Carl fights back against the demon masses.
- Carl Versus Dark Souls II #7 - Level up!... the suffering: Building up false hope with XP?
- WildStar Preview | The Battlegrounds & Arenas of PvP: Soooooon!
- Titanfall IMC Campaign #7 - Jon & Matt Defend The Airbase: This is where these two have been all week then?
- Carl Versus Dark Souls II #8 - Return to the Scaffold of Death: But with less fat builders.
- "Nintendo Have Been Great" | Bear Box Media's Andy Ford on developing for the Wii U: Dealspwn reader dishes the goss.
- Carl Versus Dark Souls II #9 - Taking the scenic route to slaughter: Or 'putting off the slaughter' as I'd call it.
- Game Buzz | Episode 69 - Assassin's Creed: Les Mis: That's right, here's to six months of French accents and puns. Kill us now.