Our extensive Gamescom coverage has continued this week, with Jon and Carl bringing you the hottest interviews, previews and videos for the likes of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Dead Island 2, Disney Infinity, The Order: 1886, Until Dawn, Super Smash Bros, Evolve, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, Yoshi's Wooly world, Blood Bowl 2 and World of Speed.
Other features from the rest of the team include looks at Pillars of Eternity, P.T (Silent Hills) and Hohokum. I had a disastrous turn at the new PS4 version of Surgeon Simulator and recorded the evidence for your amusement. Matt discusses the dodgy nature of Season Passes in response to the news that Shadow of Mordor is getting one. Sony were the focus of multiple features this week too as Matt examines the excellent start they've had with the PS4, and the ins and outs of the PS4's new SharePlay feature, while conversely I ask if their VR headset, Project Morpheus, is doomed from the start given Sony's exceptionally poor support of the PS Move and Vita in the past. Finishing up the week I've put together a Sunday Seven beginner's guide for the new Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition.
All that and we still had time to slip in a few reviews amongst the Gamescom grind. Hohokum, which we're not sure is even a game. The Last Tinker: City of Color, a platformer without a jump button. And finally, Gravity Badgers, which really deserves a game as awesome as its name, but sadly doesn't get one.
- Virtual sharing is a great idea, but PS4's SharePlay is looking like a mixed bag: Needs a unique save file slot too.
- P.T. might just be the best game reveal of all time, because it's a game: PT standing for Pants Trauma?
- PREVIEW | Until Dawn lets you choose who dies: We'll probably try to save the cheerleader at least.
- COMMENT | Shadow of Mordor Season Pass is hideously anti-consumer, frankly offensive: DLC without the TLC.
- PREVIEW | The Order 1886 has brilliant boomsticks, but is it a slave to cutscenes?: Please ditch the 'cinematic' borders!
- Claptrap Unleashed - Carl chats to the producers of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: High five?
- VIDEO | Hohokum is a colourful, artsy, interactive cartoon that might make your heart soar: Or bore you to tears.
- VIDEO | Watch Jon suck at Super Smash Bros (Wii U): Time to practice?
- PREVIEW | Yoshi's Woolly World is a great big cuddle disguised as a videogame: An itchy itchy cuddle.
- VIDEO | Disney Infinity 2.0 Developer Walkthrough: Enough to beat Skylanders?
- PREVIEW | Skylanders who? Disney Infinity 2.0 assembles Avengers & guards the galaxy: Create mode is looking to improve too.
- VIDEO INTERVIEW | Everything you need to know about Disney Infinity 2.0!: It'll be so expensive though!
- Character creation in Pillars of Eternity is vast and deep and brilliant | Dealspwn Playthrough: Matt's enjoying the depth so far.
- Nintendo: Smashing it in Convention Season - Gamescom Showcase Impressions: But will they sell enough consoles?
- INTERVIEW | Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris makes Tomb Raiding fun again: Forget Rise, this will do later this year.
- Kidnappers and Baby Murderers: Adventures in the Pillars of Eternity Beta #1: Sounds a bit grim.
- PREVIEW | How Dead Island 2 is bringing fun back to the zombie apocalypse: New dev making a better game?
- INTERVIEW | How "Mingle-Player" is at the heart of Dead Island 2: *Files 'mingle-player' with 'levolution' and 'drivatar.'*
- VIDEO | 11 Minutes of Super Smash Bros 3DS multiplayer: 3DS or Wii U for you?
- The Big Evolve Interview | Turtle Rock on delays, balance and long-term evolution: Will there be enough monsters?
- VIDEO INTERVIEW | Blood Bowl 2's lead designer reveals killer new features: How long do we have to wait!
- "It's just beyond our imagination" - A few reasons why the PS4 is doing so well: Come on, Sony. Stop being so coy.
- PREVIEW | Racing gets all MMO’d with World of Speed: But on PC only. Sad face.
- INTERVIEW | Why World of Speed's teamwork is a racing gamechanger: But will we all get along?
- PREVIEW | Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris feels more like Tomb Raider than Tomb Raider: GOL was awesome, so high hopes for this.
- The 2014 Gamescom Awards - Game Buzz #87: Hear Carl and Jon's picks.
- Brendan Plays Surgeon Simulator on PS4 - Is this PS4's most broken game?: Don't make me play this again!
- Sony let the Vita and Move die. Is Project Morpheus already doomed?: Fingers crossed it's not, but yeah...
- The Sunday Seven - Beginner Tips for Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition: Just started? Read this.
- Gravity Badgers Review | Great Name, Shame About The Game: Cull the badgers?
- Hohokum Review | Worms United: Barely a game really.
- The Last Tinker: City of Colors Review | My Eyes!: One for the kids only.