Half-Life 3 moved that little bit closer to reality this week thanks to some loose lips around Valve HQ. We'll believe it when we play it though to be honest. Batman is coming to the next-gen consoles though and there's a new gameplay trailer to prove it. Elsewhere, we have some new release info for Child of Light on the Vita and part 4 of The Wolf Among Us.
Transistor and Always Sometimes Monsters proved to be the big winners for the indie scene this week with a brace of epic review scores. While Mugen Souls Z managed an enthusiastic 'meh' in comparison to the truly awful Daylight on the PS4.
The Features section is packed with videos for the likes of Wolfenstein: The New Order, Cosmic DJ, Serious Sam Revolution, BroForce and Carl's Reload. show. There's a preview for Heavy Bullets on the PC. Other articles include a Titanfall Top 10, a look at why third-parties need to let last-gen go, a piece of industry leaks, a mocking take on the ridiculous accusations of racism facing Far Cry 4 and six months on we look at how the new consoles are shaping up.
- Minecraft trounces Kirby in the UK Games Charts: Maybe Nintendo should have more than two review copies floating around the entire UK network then.
- Titanfall cuts out two PC playlists... for our own good?!: No dice, Respawn.
- Who is Halo 5's mystery Spartan?: Tom Hanks.
- Remaster Chief: Halo 1-4 HD coming to Xbox One?: Would you buy them again?
- Child Of Light is coming to Vita this summer: Would have preferred this as cross buy instead of PS3/PS4
- Xbox One finally getting external storage & European OneGuide in June: A workaround for those massive install files?
- Batman: Arkham Knight looks unmistakeably next-gen in gameplay trailer: Not much continuous gameplay shown though.
- We're cautiously optimistic about Space Hulk: Deathwing: I'd rather have a Space Marine sequel though.
- Free your PC games with Steam in-home streaming: Time to test your network.
- The Wolf Among Us Episode 4 out next week... except on EU PSN?: But will they patch-up the old ones?
- Super Smash Bros' NFC Tech could be a true game changer - if Nintendo gets it right: Recent form suggests they'll fumble.
- Half-Life 3 is happening, Left 4 Dead 3 "looks great" says Counter-Strike co-creator: Maybe Valve can draw some arms for Freeman on the handlebars this time. Lazy sods.
- Mugen Souls Z Review | Moe Madness, Love Beams & Tentacles - Just Another Compile Heart JRPG, Then: More than just colours and boobs?
- Transistor Review | Bastion's Cool Cousin Aims For The Head, Not The Heart: A Bastion beater?
- Always Sometimes Monsters Review | Monstrous Regimen: Well written and well worth a look.
- Daylight Review | Grudging Through Another No-Flair Witch Project: Horrific in the wrong way.
- Dealspwn Reload | Gaming SitRep - 19/05/14: Watch the week that was, from Carl.
- COMMENT | Third-parties must let go of last-gen at E3 2014: No more of this 'porting up' nonsense!
- Challenge Carl | Submit your suggestions here! - 19/05/14: Make him hurt!
- Let's Play... Cosmic DJ - Getting Jazzed: Music sequencing in style?
- Top Ten Tuesdays | What We Need From Titanfall!: A PS4 version?
- Robot Dinos and Cyborg Nazi Dogs - Wolfenstein: The New Order | Opening Scenes: One of the best games this year?
- COMMENT | Halo 5 boss Frank O'Connor is both right and wrong to slam "industry insiders": Not a snitch fan apparently.
- COMMENT | Just Another Lazy Sensationalist FAR CRY 4 RACISM Article: Jon mocks the bandwagon.
- Heavy Bullets Is A Hot Electric Killer | Early Access Preview: Arty or eyesore?
- Game Night | Serious Sam Revolution: The team take on the Pyramid.
- PS4 vs Xbox One: A Totally Scientific And Impartial Six-Month Showdown Podcast: Despite none of us owning both.
- PS4 vs Xbox One | The Six Month Showdown: So, is the Wii U the ref?
- Challenge Carl | #2: Broforce - Assassin Run: Pfft, I just finished the new Wolfenstein on Death Incarnate.
- Game Buzz | Episode 77 - Half-Life 3 CONFIRMED! AGAIN!!: The team discuss the news and rumours of the week.
- VIDEO: Wolfenstein: The New Order Retro Bonus Level: Inspires fond memories of a true original.