It's been party time this week as the original PlayStation turned 20. To celebrate we have a podcast chatting about the grey white wonder, give the games a Top 10 and the Sunday Seven goes through the seven most influential brands on Sony's debut console. The inaugural PlayStation Experience show kicked off last night and Sony ensured everyone will be talking about PS4 over the holidays thanks to blockbuster showings from the likes of Uncharted 4, Street Fighter V, Bloodborne and more - check out our highlights piece for the show.
Jon has some early review impression of The Crew for you and as a result has some strong words to say about the world of pricey microtransactions. With the news that Street Fighter V will be a PS4 console-exclusive we ask if this is the start of a third-party bidding war too. Black Friday is finally behind us, so we have a little post-mortem to see how things stand now the dust has settled. If you're still after some cheap game deals or console bundles though, just follow those hyperlinks.
Aren't the reviews meant to be thinning out by now? At mortal sites maybe (or those that don't put some decent hours into them), but here at Dealspwn we've been belting out dedicated verdicts for Dragon Age: Inquisition, Super Smash Bros, Never Alone, Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 1- Zero Sum, Far Cry 4 and the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Sentinel Task Force headset from Turtle Beach.
- Black Friday Post-Mortem: Driveclub up, Halo down, but Microsoft wins big in the US: The XO deals have been hotter tbh.
- The Crew Launch Impressions | Massive Scale, Improved Handling & Hefty Microtransactions... But Does It Work?: Well, see the article below.
- "Paying for more of what we love" - Microtransactions and premium currencies have no place in £50 games: It's getting out of hand.
- Top Ten PSOne Games: The Best of the Best: No WipEout? Get out, Matt.
- The Crew Launch Impressions Part 2 | Rip Off The Bandage, Start The Healing: Hmm, I smell rapid discounting.
- PlayStation Turns 20: Thanks For The Memories So Far: A roundup of our fondest memories.
- #20YearsOfPlay - Lasting Memories Of The Original PlayStation: Podcast time.
- Street Fighter V a PS4 exclusive - is this is just the start of the third-party bidding war?: Whoo! I can play this!
- Sony's last chance to wow us in 2014 - what we need from the PlayStation Experience!: Boy, did they deliver.
- Uncharted 4, Square's Epic FF7 Trolling, No Man's Sky - PlayStation Experience Highlights: I love/hate what Square did. You tossers.
- From The Vault | Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Review: My most deserved 10/10.
- The Sunday Seven: Top 7 Influential Brands on PS1: What's number 1?
- Super Smash Bros. For Wii U Review | Brawling Home For Christmas: Is a Wii U under your tree this year?
- Never Alone Review | Looking For Alaska: Buggy but beautiful.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Review | BioWare’s Redemption: Dammit, Carl! Don't make me want this!
- Turtle Beach Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Sentinel Task Force Headset Review | All About That Bass: They should have called them COD Cans.
- Tales from the Borderlands: Episode One - Zer0 Sum Review | :D: Just make more Wolf Among Us, already!
- Far Cry 4 Review | When Rambo Met Dumbo: Game of the Year contender?