E3 starts tomorrow but we've already seen the announcements of a few new games this week like Forza Horizon 2 and Mortal Kombat X. Homefront 2 broke cover for the first time in ages and was rebranded as Homefront: The Revolution. Other news stories detail Watch Dogs becoming the best launch of a new IP and Mario Kart 8 gave the Wii U a devilishly hot kick up the arse by boosting sales 666%. It's not all celebrations though as Batman: Arkham Knight has been pegged back to 2015. Still, we might bother to finish Arkham Origins now. Maybe.
Two big games in our reviews section this week with Watch Dogs and Murdered: Soul Suspect -one of them turned out to be a bit rubbish, guess which. Worms Battlegrounds came out to play in the rain before Jon charged at them with a spade. Japan showed us the best and worst of its cliches this week with a standard so-creepy-you'll-get-put-on-a-list-for-knowing-its-name pop idol sim in the unlikely proportioned shapes of Hyperdimension Neptunia: Go Straight to Jail Edition (or something similar) and the also unintelligibly-titled (but thankfully fairly awesome) Inazuma Eleven GO: Light & Shadow footy/RPG/mania game. Finally, Carl has part one of his review for one of the most eagerly-anticipated MMOs in recent memory, WildStar.
With E3 just around the corner the team try and work out what to expect from the likes of Sony, Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft and Nintendo. If you're like us, you're feeling optimistic about the big surprises at E3 so check out our Top 10 Tuesday - Massive E3 Game Reveals We Want (But Don't Necessarily Expect!). Despite enjoying Watch Dogs, we felt compelled to write a comment piece on Ubisoft's impressive ability to make a character more boring than ACIII's Connor with Aiden Pierce. Jon's been trawling through the Early Access section again with a preview for Freaking Meatbags. Murdered: Soul Suspect smashed another nail into the coffin of the traditional adventure game and Matt's been pondering where it's been going wrong for the genre. Don't forget to vote in our poll for you think is going to win E3 too!
- Watch Dogs becomes most successful new franchise launch of all time - UK Games Charts: Worth the wait for Ubisoft?
- Mario Kart 8 overdrives Wii U sales by a devilish 666%: Have Ninty sold their soul?
- Forza Horizon 2 will be the "true home for racing fans on Xbox One," apparently: Did anyone really want this?
- Homefront: The Revolution reveals next-gen cooperative open world: All looking a bit Killzone?
- Get over here! Mortal Kombat X goes next-gen: After Injustice, we have high hopes for this one.
- Cancel Christmas! Batman: Arkham Knight delayed into 2015: Booooo!
- "Xbox, Snap Brazil Now" - will you watch the World Cup on Xbox One?: Nope, because I pay my own electricity bills.
- Xbox One June update and Games With Gold now live: Hard-drive expansions ease the pressure.
- Devs never have to finish their Steam Early Access games, Valve warns: What a mug's game.
- Prepare to die (and pay) harder in Dark Souls II's Episodic DLC: Calling all sadists.
- Bust out the Moon Dance in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel launch date trailer: A tune for the moon.
- Sony unveil their E3 2014 games roster, but where are the surprises?: They wouldn't be surprises if they told you!
- Prepare to wipe drool off your keyboard: The Witcher 3 trailered & dated: Brief flashes of gameplay look great.
- Watch Dogs Review | Big Dog: Cool hacking, but so-so in other areas for me.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection Review | Idle M@ster: Thanks Japan and Jon, another web browser I have to burn.
- Inazuma Eleven GO: Light & Shadow Review | Football Crazy!: Makes Shaolin Soccer look tame.
- Worms Battlegrounds Review | Clan Wars Too: New name, same old game.
- Murdered: Soul Suspect Review | Valar Morghulis: Oh dear, this should have stayed dead.
- WildStar Review | Part 1 – Initial Impressions: A great launch for the new MMO.
- Dealspwn Reload | Gaming SitRep - 02/06/14: Carl reloads for the week that was.
- Freaking Meatbags: Saving Humanity One Genetic Abomination At A Time | Early Access Preview: Needs more meat and bags.
- Top Ten Tuesday | Massive E3 Game Reveals We Want (But Don't Necessarily Expect!): We can dream, right?
- The Evolution of the Adventure Game: Where Are We Going Wrong?: Matt responds to the disappointing Murdered: Soul Suspect.
- E3 2014 Predictions: Microsoft: TV or games?
- Challenge Carl | The Update - 04/06/14: How's the RPG coming?
- COMMENT | Aiden Pearce: The most boring protagonist since Alex Mercer: Seconded. Mind you, I've met people that think Master Chief has a personality.
- E3 2014 Predictions: Electronic Arts: Warning, may contain balls.
- Game Night | Interstellar Marines: That's Interstellar, not Colonial.
- E3 2014 Predictions: Ubisoft: Just give us Beyond Good & Evil 2.
- E3 2014 Predictions: Sony: More Morpheus?
- E3 2014 Predictions: Nintendo: X, Bayonetta 2? A desire to buy a pre-owned Wii U in 2020?
- Game Buzz | Episode 79 - Who Will Win E3 2014?: It won't be deodorant, that's for sure.
- The Troll Poll 2014 | Who Will Win E3?: Cast your vote here.
- E3 2014 Predictions: Brendan’s Last Gasp Picks: Fresh (completely knackered) from my hols, here's my last minute E3 premonitions.