Another bad week for Microsoft after their main studio's Creative Director tweeted that gamers should 'deal with it' regarding the controversial always-on rumours floating about. Disney shut down Lucas Arts, killing off the chances of Star Wars 1313 ever seeing the light of day, but in more encouraging news, HMV has been saved along with 2500 jobs.
In our reviews, we took care of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, a fun rental, but nothing more, whereas the latest Army of Two title should just be avoided full stop. The 3DS had a good week with solid performances from the downloadable rhythm game, Harmoknight and Code of Princess, the latter of which you should take a look at if you enjoyed Guardian Heroes.
Carl travelled to The Gadget Show Live expo this week to get his hands on Remember Me and Jon looked at Crytek's ambitious free-to-play FPS, Warface, which gets my vote for best-named game of the month. After Lucas Arts' demise, we had a fond look at our favourite games from the studio, none of them particularly recent it has to be said. Matt also tries to fathom why the hell the industry is developing a passion for communicating so poorly in the wake of Microsoft's shambles around the next Xbox.
- SimCity Singleplayer: EA Reveals Offline Passes [APRIL FOOL]: If only.
- DayZ Console Port "Almost Certain": More zombies? Why not?
- UK Games Charts | 30th March 2013: Bioshock rockets to the top.
- David Hayter Feels "A Little Ill" Following MGS V Snub: Hopefully Kojima will come to his senses.
- FFVII and Skyrim Climb Into The Classic FM Hall of Fame Top Five This Year: Games push aside the competition.
- Fire Emblem: Awakening Video Blowout: Need a new JRPG in your life? Then watch this.
- Colantonio: "New IPs Barely Make Their Money Back": Dev explains why new ideas are a risk.
- Thief Trailer Steps Out Of The Shadows: Stealthy hoodie shenanigans.
- XBLA Sale Discounts Two Of 2012's Best Games (And More): Mark of the Ninja is the highlight.
- Stealth Bastard Coming To PS3 & Vita: After a name change sadly.
- Gears Of War: Judgment Gets Free Map, Mode & Patch: Free. Our favourite word.
- Epic Games: PS4 Is A "Really Perfect Gaming PC": Brace yourself for PC gamer backlash.
- RUMOUR: Next-Gen Xbox Controller Has No New Features: Apart from the ethernet port that is.
- Advertising Standards Authority Gets Involved With Aliens: Colonial Marines: Enough of your lies Gearbox!
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Improvements Will Be Wii U Exclusive: Well, that's that then.
- Doom 4 Development Rebooted Following Disappointing First Attempt: After Aliens and Duke Nukem' we're fine with this.
- BattleBlock Theatre Launch Trailer & Editor Tutorial: Castle Crashers' mad little offspring.
- Disney Closes LucasArts: Star Wars 1313 is now dead.
- Black Ops II: Uprising DLC Trailer Confirms Pirates, Aliens & Zombie Mobsters: Could this get me back on COD?
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Screenshots Are Retro-Future-Crazy: Neon mania FPS looks ace.
- "Deal With It": Microsoft Studios Creative Director Defends "Always-Online": Made a fat bloke on the internet cry. Check the video.
- HMV Rescued By £50m Hilco Deal: Jobs saved, but gaming section already downsized.
- EA: "We Can Do Better", Fails To Explain How: Oh EA, why do you make life so difficult?
- Microsoft Apologises For Orth's "Always-On" Tweets: But doesn't clarify anything.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Axed on Wii U: Saved us all more pain.
- Puppeteer Story Trailer Sets the Stage: Sony leading the way for innovative platformers again.
- Jet Li Bigs up eSports Gaming 'Athletes': Martial Arts legend makes us feel like heroes.
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Review | Invisible Content: Messy, but still oddly enjoyable.
- Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel Review | Just, Why?: Because morons will buy it.
- HarmoKnight Review | Game Freak, C'est Chic: Mad rhythm gaming 3DS game.
- Code Of Princess Review | Royal Rumble!: Staggered release has knackered the online options.
- Blast From The Past | LucasArts:Day of the Tentacle would have been my pick.
- Remember Me Preview | Hands-On Impressions: Carl plays Capcom's new IP at Gadget Show Live.
- Warface Beta Preview | Show Me Your War Face!: Free to play FPS action from Crytek.
- COMMENT | We Need To Talk: An Industry's Stubborn Failure To Communicate: Matt tries to understand why Microsoft are fucking themselves up.
- Game Buzz | Episode 26 - #YOLO: Don't worry, I had to Google 'YOLO' too. No, do it yourself.
- The Sunday Seven | Things Disney Should Do With The LucasArts Licence: But will they listen?