Microsoft finally officially unveiled their new console this week, the Xbox One. True to form, we were left more questions than answers particularly in regards to their dastardly plans with pre-owned games. Oh well, at least they had lots of ace-looking exclusives instead of a buzzword packed presser. Oh, moving on. Understandably, the news was dominated by all things Xbox related this week, but Sony gave their UK gamers something to cheer about by confirming the PS4 will land on these shores this year. We've got all the news link you need for the last week below.
Hold on, we've been busy in the features too with Carl bringing the noise on all things Wildstar and some new Project Zomboid playthrough videos. Matt got behind the wheel of the mighty fine-looking Grid 2, and also played the much delayed Putty Squad while also finding time to take in a Zelda themed symphony. In stark contrast to attending an Orchestra concert, I travelled to the North West's outback town of Chorley and survived the Dingles to get my hands on The Last of Us at Game for my Sunday Seven feature.
Last but not least we've got a handful of reviews too including Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Sanctum 2, Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery and the retail edition of Telltale's The Walking Dead. Enjoy the links after the break and we'll do this all again next week.
- UK Games Charts | 18th May 2013:Metro buries Riptide.
- Batman: Arkham Origins Gets Full-Length CG Trailer: Awesome looking, but no gameplay still.
- Ah Balls! Panic Resumed - Conroy Involved In Arkham Game, But Won't Play Batman In Origins: Probably playing 'older' Batman?
- 'Panopticon' Revealed As Freedom Wars For PS Vita: Rubbish name, but game looks interesting.
- New Tearaway Video Shows Off Gameplay Footage: The Vita's next essential purpose?
- Xbox One Officially Revealed [UPDATE]: Microsoft's next-gen console.
- Forza 5 Will Be A Launch Title For Xbox One: Competing directly with GT6?
- Xbox One Reveal Trailer: A shiny box. A big one.
- Remedy Announce Ambitious New Crossover Game Quantum Break For Xbox One: Annoyingly vague reveal.
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Gets Next-Gen Gameplay Trailer & Dev Diary: The biggest shooter brand on the planet is looking good.
- Xbox One Will Not Be Backwards Compatible: Same as the PS4 then.
- Xbox One Will Require Mandatory Game Install, Used Games May Require Fee To Play: Here comes trouble.
- Xbox LIVE Gold Confirmed For Xbox One, Will Be "More Valuable Than Ever": We get the feeling they're going to screw us compared to Sony's PS Plus offerings.
- Does The Xbox One Need An Internet Connection, Microsoft? Yes and No: Or Yo.
- WildStar Wednesday Starts Early With Two New Videos:Wildstar vies for attention amidst the Xbox news.
- Xbox One Won't Support Xbox 360 Controllers & Peripherals: More clutter for your room.
- Xbox One Won't Permit Indies To Self-Publish: Microsoft continue to do themselves favours.
- Mattrick: Xbox One Won't Require Always-On, MS Working To "Support" Second-Hand Market: By 'support', they mean 'rape'.
- Comparison Video Pits Call Of Duty: Ghosts Against Modern Warfare 3: Shows off advances since MW3.
- SimCity Update 4.0 Out Today, Will Fix Global Economy: But probably break something else.
- GTA V Special Editions Revealed: Expensive shiz.
- Microsoft: Xbox One E3 Event Will Be "All About The Games": It better be.
- Techland Announces Another Zombie Survival Game For Next-Gen Consoles: They'll get it right eventually.
- Need For Speed: Rivals Revealed For Current-Gen, PS4 & Xbox One: Haven't we had one exactly like this already? *sigh*
- Destiny Trailer: 'The Law Of The Jungle': Gameplay reveal set for Sony's E3!
- Report | Kinect 2 Patent Hints At Visual DRM: "The Users Consuming The Content Are Monitored": Big Brother-style shenanigans ahead?
- Joe Danger & Sequel Coming To PC With Extra Content: You're going to love it.
- Microsoft Aims For "Upwards Of A Billion" Xbox One Sales: Why not a squillion? Idiots.
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist Dev Diary Expands On Co-Op Modes: Co-op that actually looks like it might be a really good fit.
- PS4 Advert Confirms 2013 UK Release: Excellent news and a good excuse to relabel that 'holiday monies' jar.
- Xbox One Pre-Owned Reports: Microsoft & Publishers Get A Cut, Activation Fee Around £35: None of this makes sense anymore.
- Indie Developers "Unimpressed" By Xbox One Reveal, But Hopeful For E3 Turnaround: As are gamers everywhere. Well, not me, I'm getting a PS4.
- Microsoft's Official Statement on Pre-Owned Games: What are you playing at Microsoft?
- Watch Lengthy The Last of Us Gameplay and Q&A Session: Can it live up to the hype?
- REPORT: Original Far Cry Coming to Consoles in HD: Going back to Paradise?
- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger Review | Finding Redemption: An excellent download-only shooter.
- Sanctum 2 Review | The Best Tower Defence Is A Good FPS Offence: A true gaming hybrid?
- Jacob Jones And The Bigfoot Mystery: Episode 1 Review | This One Time At Summer Camp: Vita's new puzzle series.
- The Walking Dead: Retail Edition Review | Still Dead Good?: Still buggy, but also great.
- Opening Scenes | Metro: Last Light Gameplay - First 20 Mins: Enjoy the opening of the chilling FPS.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Project Zomboid - This Is How I Died Part 3: Carl braves the streets.
- Next-Gen Xbox Rumour Roundup: Your Eleventh Hour Blowout: How many turned out to be true?
- WildStar Preview | Building A New Frontier: The only MMO I'd like to see on consoles too.
- COMMENT | The Xbox One Reveal Was Not For Me... Or You: Who was it for?
- WildStar Video Interview | Stephan Frost: Carl's interview includes your community questions.
- GoD Factory: Wingmen Hands-On Preview | Kickstarting The Space Sim MOBA: Why's there a lady leaning on that planet?
- Putty Squad Hands-On Preview | Generation Stretch: They've been working on this since the Amiga days.
- Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses | Whimsy In Four Movements: Matt attends the live Zelda symphony.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Project Zomboid - This Is How I Died Part 4: Don't hide in the diner Carl. It's full of death!
- GRID 2 Hands-On Preview | Race Driver Crash: This year's best racer?
- Xbox Reveal BINGO | Play Along With Microsoft's Next-Gen Event: You'll be able to win quickly in the buzzword packed reveal.
- Game Buzz Extra | Xbox, Go Home: The team discuss the clusterfuck that was the Xbox One reveal.
- The Sunday Seven: Reasons You Want The Last of Us: Get off the fence and get it pre-ordered!