This week we've seen Sony patent some motion controllers which look a bit on the mad side of normality and speaking of irrational concepts, the Candy Crush owners are trying to sue the creators of Banner Saga, which is all sorts of bollocks. Sony's crazy new patent couldn't distract from the growing issue of corrupt PS4 save files, which we're hoping is going to be fixed soon. Elsewhere, Rambo appeared from the jungle to 'show off' more gameplay and Dead Rising 3 unleashed an epic 13GB patch. We also caught our first glance of the next Lord of the Rings game, Shadow of Mordor, which could be great, if it doesn't get sued out of existence first.
After a lean couple of weeks we managed find an extra few games to review including the excellent HD version of Assassin's Creed Liberation, Spellforce 2 and Blackguards. Tony Hawk fans may want to take a look at OlliOlli on the Vita and anyone wondering where all the fencing games are (yeah, both of you), should take a look at the oddly named, Nidhogg.
There are lots of videos heading up our features section this week including the likes of Carl's new show 'Dealswpn Reloaded', WildStar, Broken Age, Styx: Master of Shadows, Space Run, Starbound and Nidhogg. We have a few preview articles too in the shape of Styx: Master of Shadows and Horizon. Finishing up we have a couple of feature articles; I take a look at how development costs may be spiraling out of control for the new generation of gaming, while Jon comes up with 10 Things We Can Expect from Next-Gen Tetris. He says he was taking the piss, but we wouldn't mind seeing his crazed ideas become a reailty. Do it, Ubisoft.
- No surprises in UK Charts, FIFA 14 still top dog: New games please!
- Titanfall beta a possibility, alpha footage abounds: We'd be so in.
- Sony patents mad make-your-own motion controller: How about you use the one we already own, Sony?
- Rambo gameplay footage sneaks out, hogs all the QTEs: Oh dear, I smell a guilty pleasure.
- Dead Rising 3's Ridiculous Patch Shows What's Broken & Brilliant About Xbox One: Capped internet? Time to upgrade.
- Sony investigating PS4 save corruption error: I daren't turn on my PS4 right now.
- Candy Crushing the little guys: the King trademark saga so far: Journalism insists objectivity. But what a bunch of c***ts.
- February PS Plus Update includes free Metro: Last Light, BioShock Infinte, Outlast & More: Killer PS3 titles, shame I've finished both already.
- Microsoft "feel good" about upcoming Games With Gold as PlayStation Plus runs rampant: I imagine they "feel good" about all the LSD they have with their cornflakes too.
- “Nintendo was dead to us very quickly,” claims EA insider: A rumour, but easy to believe as fact.
- Hearthstone open beta goes live, say goodbye to your productivity: Click and be damned?
- Here we go again: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition runs at 60FPS on PS4, half that on Xbox One: Early teething problems for Xbox One?
- Microsoft: sorting out Xbox One's digital pricing is "on the agenda": Hopefully this means lowering not increasing.
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor gameplay reveal raises expectations & suspicions: Looks loads better than the last game at least.
- Nidhogg Review | Fun-Filled Frenzied Fencing: Pixelated poking.
- Spellforce 2: Demons Of The Past Review | Past Due: Not worth the wait.
- Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Review | ReVitalised: Missed it on the Vita? An essential AC purchase then.
- OlliOlli Review | Skaters Gonna Skate: Man, we miss decent Tony Hawk games.
- Blackguards Review | Your Hex Is On Fire: Tough, but worth a look if you have the time.
- "You Stabbed Me In The Balls!" - Misadventures in Nidhogg: En garde, peasant!
- WildStar: The Noob | Episode 9 - Technical Difficulties: Glitches galore?
- Dealspwn Reload | Gaming SitRep - 20/01/14: Carl's new weekly YouTube show.
- WildStar: The Noob | Episode 10 - Summoning Guardians and Catching Fire: Carl lurks from afar. Judging. Waiting.
- Top Ten Tuesdays | What To Expect From Next-Gen Tetris: Cover-mechanics, gritty characters. Madness or the road to awesome?
- WildStar: The Noob | Episode 11 - The Flying Shark and Hunting Carl: The noob stalks the master.
- Let's Play... Broken Age: Part 1: Is Tim Schafer's project worth the cash?
- Horizon Early Access Preview | Master Of Orion Too?: Some very strange aliens in the pics here.
- WildStar Gameplay: Winter Beta - Crafting 101 | Dealspwn Playthrough: Making new toys of destruction.
- Blood Bowl II Preview | Cyanide Aiming For eSports Greatness: Fancy a gory alternative to Madden?
- Game Night | Starbound - Toilet Humour: This is what happens when we stop working for ten minutes...
- Styx: Master of Shadows - put 25 Mins of offscreen footage in your face: Please be better the dismal Of Orcs and Men.
- Game Buzz | Episode 61 - Don't Be A D**k: We're looking at you, King.
- Styx: Master of Shadows Preview | The Goblin Assassin: Thief reborn?
- Are Game Development Costs Set to Spiral out of Control?: Are big-budget titles running a risk?
- WildStar: The Noob #12 - Power Up!: New skills for new thrills.
- Have 15 Mins of Space Run gameplay footage: Defense Grid meets DHL?