Talk about a slow news week. Not to worry though, we're pretty sure it's because half the planet has been hammering the Destiny beta. There's just the one review this week in the shape of Unrest. Our features section is as packed as ever though. There's a hands-on preview for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel from my visit to Manchester MCM Comic Con and Matt plays an early access build of The Forest. There's a look at why the recent Battlefield: Hardline delay is no bad thing at all.
Videos include Opening Scenes for Unrest, The Forest, The Crew (beta), Oddworld: New 'N' Tasty and a look at a spectrum match in Arena Commander. Jon leafed through the release schedules to bring you lists of the hottest console exclusives for the PS4, Xbox One and Wii U. We're not saying the PS4 exclusives are a bit slim this year, but Samurai Warriors made the list...
There's tonnes of Destiny coverage and videos for you as Matt and I dive into the story missions, competitive multiplayer and Iron Banner events. Our comparison video shows the difference between the PS4 and Xbox 360 versions of the game too. Written pieces discuss ten things we love and hate about the game and Matt takes a look at how Sony are using the shooter to poach Halo fans away from Microsoft. Sadly, the beta is due to finish today, so I'm off for one last blast before the full game lands in September.
- Unrest Review | I Predict A Riot: Matt fans the flames of Unrest.
- Let's Play...Destiny Beta: Lvl 4 Story Mission - The Warmind: The Peacemind was on a break.
- The Sims 4 just got a new gameplay vid and you won't believe what's coming to the series...: Unless you played the recent Dungeon Keeper.
- PS4: The Hottest Exclusives Yet To Come In 2014!: It speaks volumes that Samurai Warriors is on the list.
- NEW MAP! Destiny PS4 Beta Gameplay | PvP Control on "Shores of Time" - Maat Mons, Venus: Not an ideal map for the Warlock's feeble jump.
- PREVIEW | Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - There's more to space than Destiny: Man, those guns are amazing.
- Let’s Play…Destiny Beta: Lvl 5 Story Mission – The Last Array: It's rather well guarded.
- Wii U: The Hottest Exclusives Yet To Come In 2014!: Arguably the console with the most to look forwards to this year. Ha, no Destiny though.
- Destiny Beta: Ten Things We Love and Hate: Where's my weapon wheel!
- Stealing Halo fans from Microsoft: Why Destiny is Sony's ace in the hole this winter: Faux exclusivity is a clever marketing trick.
- Xbox One: The Hottest Exclusives Yet To Come In 2014!: Sunset Overdrive and Halo lead the charge.
- Battlefield: Hardline is getting delayed, and that's probably a good thing: Fingers crossed the extra time ensures a polished release.
- The Forest Early Access Impressions - If Lost Had Naked Cannibals: It would have still been a shit show.
- Arena Commander - Spectrum Match Gameplay | Dealspwn Playthrough: See your Star Citizen money in action.
- Opening Scenes | Unrest - First 15 Mins Gameplay: Time for a quiet riot?
- VIDEO | Pillars of Eternity Developer Presentation wth Obsidian's Josh Sawyer: Kickstarted title shown off to the press.
- Next-Gen vs. Current-Gen: Destiny Beta Comparison: That grass is totally different! That's about it though.
- Opening Scenes | The Crew (Beta) - First 10 Mins Gameplay: Yay, there's a story! *facepalm*
- Game Night | Destiny Beta - "The Devil's Lair": I'm a bit sick of this eyeball boss. More tanks please!
- Community Feedback | #2 - Fame, voice, & villain choice: Hear your voice!
- Destiny Beta Iron Banner Mode PS4 Gameplay: Two compelling victory videos. And one utter beating.
- Opening Scenes | Oddworld: New 'N' Tasty - 15 Mins PS4 Gameplay: Abe's Oddysee gets the HD treatment.