The Golden Joysticks landed this week to reward some of the best games of the last twelve months... and some crap ones too. Elsewhere, we've been inundated with trailers, mainly for the big three FPS games. This is going to be an expensive Christmas for shooter fans. We also heard that the PS4 pad almost copied the 360's analogues, which would have given some real credence to Mikami's statement that the two upcoming consoles are "almost identical."
In the reviews, Jon did something a bit naughty with his review of The Stanley Parable, which was probably a result of Warface boring him out of his mind. We also covered Episode 1 of The Wolf Among Us and -just in time for Vettel wrapping up the season- F1 2013.
It's been one of our busier weeks in the features section, we've got playthrough videos for Ethan: Meteor Hunter, the Leap Motion, Warface and the The Crew. Matt shot a video of his latest impressions of Ryse: Son of Rome along with a write up of his pre-season training with Football Manager 2014. Jon interviewed the team behind The Crew and also took advantage of the Vita's screengrab feature to bring you a photo diary from his trip to Tearaway. We've got the weekly podcast for you too, which seems to have been renamed the Biscuit Buzz. And rounding off the week, I got my hands on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, so head on over and see if it's third time lucky for wayward series.
- UK Games Charts | 19th October 2013: Skylanders tries to get on the podium.
- GTA Online: Rockstar Halves Repeat Mission Rewards: Because it isn't tough enough out there.
- DualShock 4 Resembled Xbox 360 Controller In Early Prototypes, Is Apparently PS3-Compatible: That would have been nasty.
- Dragon's Dogma Director Wants To Make A PS4 Sequel & Devil May Cry 5: The man for the job?
- Report: Alien Isolation Is The Creative Assembly's Aliens Tie-In: RTS team making an FPS? Facepalm?
- Battlefield 4 TV Spot Brings The TankPlaneSplosions: These explosions?
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Launch Trailer Has Wolves, Fish, Space Stations & Eminem: Or these ones?
- Game Freak Says "No!" To Pokemon DLC: No need when they fool people into buying the same game twice each time.
- Shinji Mikami: PS4 & Xbox One Are "Almost Identical": Shinji fans the flames.
- Ken Block Becomes Official Need For Speed Advisor: Why? He's shit at racing!
- Nintendo Fixes Save-Killing Pokemon X & Y Bug: A big relief for fans.
- Golden Joystick Awards 2013 - The Winners: World of Tanks?
- PS4 Day One Firmware Update Adds Essential Features: Blu-ray playback and more.
- Tearaway Nears Completion - Have a Trailer: The next essential Vita title?
- Killzone: Shadow Fall Story Trailer: And it's looking great.
- The Stanley Parable Review | IncomParable: You should see what Jon's done here.
- The Wolf Among Us: Episode 1 Review | Shrek For The Drive Generation: Telltale's new IP.
- F1 2013 Review | Hot Wheels: Hot Wh... Oh he's already said it.
- Warface Review | Snoreface?: Boreface?
- I'm A Terraforming, Free-Running Iron Man: Hands-On With Eden Star: Long way to go on kickstarter.
- Top Ten Tuesdays | The Most Addictive Games of All Time: Read at your peril.
- Five Ways In Which Telltale Schools Quantic Dream With The Wolf Among Us: Oh Beyond, what happened?
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Ethan: Meteor Hunter - Platforming Pain 101: You can almost hear Carl grate his teeth.
- Minority Report Is Here!... Maybe | Leap Motion Unboxing and Initial Impressions: Not quite there, but interesting.
- Jon Plays Warface: "Slide To Destruction!": Check out Jon playing the shiny and free browser FPS.
- Leap Motion: Lotus Playthrough | SPIN MY FACE!: Close the curtains if you're going to play this.
- Leap Motion: Kyoto Playthrough | GRAB THE SEED!!: More motion shenanigans.
- The Crew Hands-On Preview | Audacious Next-Gen Racer Should Be Worth The Wait: Needed a lot of work when I played it.
- The Crew Hands-On Gameplay Video | We Taste The Open-World Driving Playground: Take a peak at Ubisoft's racer.
- Tearaway Photo Diary: Dealspwn McLogoface's Stupid And Frankly Irresponsible Journey: See what's in store for the game.
- The Crew Interview | Ubisoft Boasts Massive Scale And Blurred Lines: Not the blurry graphics though?
- Football Manager 14 | 11th Hour Preview - Wheeling and Dealing: The annual life stealer is back.
- Ryse: Son of Rome Preview Impressions | God of Bored: Ryse isn't looking like a day one purchase.
- Biscuit Buzz | Episode 52 - PS4 = Xbox One: Our weekly podcast/biscuit chat.
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Hands-On Preview: Third time lucky?