Finally, a word from Microsoft this week as they made an announcement about their upcoming announcement! Other highlights in the news this week include a video on the PS4's new pad, the rest of THQ's licenses were sold off and a Ratchet & Clank movie was announced. We finished off our series of reviews around Defiance and also had some great times with Injustice: Gods Among Us and some rather awful times with the likes of Lords of Football and Dead Island: Riptide.
We got our hands on Ubisoft's download-only shooter Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, which makes most digital offerings look like offal. Painfully difficult yet addictive platformer Cloudberry Kingdom made us take out pad insurance and Divinity: Original Sin brings turned-based RPGs back after what seems like forever and Matt's been to try it. For links to all of the above and so much more join us after the jump.
- UK Games Charts | 20th April 2013: Can Bioshock maintain its No.1?
- Ubisoft: Most Games On The Market Don't Require You To Think: Less Army of duuuuuuh?
- Gearbox Acquires Homeworld: Yay? More license rape ahead!
- Nordic Games Snaffles Red Faction, Darksiders & 148 More THQ Properties: Surprised? Us too.
- Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Dated For PSN, XBLA & PC: Ubisoft leading the way with downloadable shooters.
- MMO Veteran Becomes Lionhead Boss: Molyneux's replacement.
- Shinji Mikami On The Evil Within: 'If There's No Way To Fight Back, It Wouldn't Be Survival Horror': Nobody wants to play as victims 1-4 in a horror movie after all.
- Ratchet & Clank Feature Film To Hit Cinemas In 2015: About damn time. Quark-mania to sweep the globe?
- Kartuga Beta Open To All This Weekend: Try out life as a pirate.
- Deadly Premonition: Director’s Cut Gets Bonkers Launch Trailer: Best worst game? No.
- Nintendo Posts Slim 2012 Profit: 3Ds lineup may boost 2013 though.
- 2K Marin Confirms 'Evolved' XCOM Shooter Reveal: And turns the FPS into a squad-based TPS.
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Launch Trailer: "Give us your money, peasants," it says. Sort of.
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Box Art & Listings Appear For PS3 & Xbox 360: Oh my fuck! A soldier! I bet he shoots stuff! With guns!
- Next-Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed For May 21st: It's damage control time.
- Nintendo Probably Won't Hold Major E3 Press Conference This Year: At least they're saving us the effort. Appreciated.
- Rayman Legends Dated For August: A month earlier to avoid the GTA behemoth.
- Leaked Battlefield 4 Promo Hints At Release Date, Commander Mode & DLC: I wish we could just ignore embargo dates too.
- DualShock 4 Video Shows Size & Features: But not how we might use them. Touchpad! Why? Stroke it like a Bond villain, that's why.
- Zeno Clash 2 Gameplay Trailer Is Brutally Bizarre: It's like Mirror's Edge, but really ugly and without the platforming.
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Revealed For August: Not dead after all then.
- Wii U System Update Out Now: Slow menus to be fixed?
- Rumour: Next Xbox To Cost $499, Or $299 With 24 Month XBL Subscription: You're not a phone, Xbox! Fuck's sake.
- Wii U Virtual Console Deploys Tomorrow: Because there are no new decent games on the Wii U.
- Skyrim: Legendary Edition Announced, Contains All DLC: Full-priced though. Time, for the waiting game.
- Metal Gear Rising: Blade Wolf DLC Confirmed For May: That chainsaw-tailed puma thing? Yeah, you get to play as that.
- CD Projekt RED: "No Place For Multiplayer" In The Witcher 3: Suits us.
- Beyond: Two Souls Live Stream at Tribeca Film Festival Tonight: Cannes next?
- Beyond: Two Souls Tribeca Film Festival Trailer: Lots of cinematic delights.
- Play The Last of Us at Game's In-Store Lock Ins: 75 stores are participating. Get down to one.
- Stealth Bastard Renamed for Vita/PS3 Release: Shame, we liked the original name.
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Review | Simply Super: The best brawler I've played since SSIV.
- Dead Island: Riptide Review | Thrill Is Gone: Moronic zombie slayer gets a boot to the brain.
- Lords of Football Review | A Pile of Balls: Option to put Suarez and Joey Barton in the Thunderdome sadly missing.
- Sacred Citadel Review | Three Heroes, One Sofa: Friend number four will have to go home. Or hold the beer tray.
- Defiance Review | Part 2 – Content, Community & Progression: The penultimate Defiance review. Promise.
- Defiance Review | Finale - Oddly Enjoyable, But Is That Enough?: Probably not.
- Divinity: Original Sin Hands-On Preview | Sin-tillating Stuff: A promising looking RPG.
- Blast From The Past | The Lost Vikings: Chris finds the Lost Vikings.
- Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Hands-On Preview | Fistful Of Fun: Digital only FPS games? The future?
- Cloudberry Kingdom Hands-On Preview | Cute Name, Hardcore Pain: The platformer that wants to cut off your face and wear it.
- Game Buzz | Episode 29 - Hope and Hype: Imminent Xbox announcement and final THQ corpse-pilfering dicussed.
- PWNCAST | Season 3: Episode 14 – Defiant Murder: Defiance and Soul Sacrifice on the podcast.