We've still got plenty of news for you despite all the devs and publishers being on their Xmas holidays. Elite just about managed to reach its kickstarter target, Japan made its last PS2 and rumours persist that the PS4 will block pre-owned titles.
Our features have the remainder of the Game of the Year categories and you can still vote for your own choices, so check out those links. Our other features look back on 2012 and ahead to this year's games. Jon gives us the lowdown on the upcoming Ron Gilbert game, The Cave. There's also a feature about Miiverse, the Wii U's hidden weapon, another looks at 2012's hidden gems, while the final feature gives your our Top Seven Gaming New Year Resolutions.
We found a few extra reviews to bring you too. Apologies to anyone that's already bought the turdtacular Black Ops: Declassified on the Vita. Even Skylanders: Giants fares better. However, if you bought the excellent Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed, give yourself a mighty pat on the back, you have the best kart-racer of 2012.
- Edge of Twilight Is Alive and Coming Summer 2013: Forgotten Steampunk adventure resurfaces.
- Black Ops II: Revolution DLC Leaked, Slated For Late-Jan Initial Release: Probably another expensive purchase.
- War Z Producer Blames Problems On Game's Success, Was "Too Focused On How Great We Are": Have some more humble pie, piggy.
- PlayStation 2 Discontinued In Japan Nearly 13 Years After It First Released: A salute to our favourite black box.
- UK Games Charts | 29th December 2012: Will someone escort Black Ops II off the top please.
- Catch Up With The Story So Far In A New Dead Space 3 Vid: Have a quick gory reminder.
- Elite Dangerous Hits Kickstarter Target: But only just.
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - 'Brutal War Crimes Bosnia' Trailer [UPDATE]: Cheery trailer and a delay.
- Tomb Raider Multiplayer Details Break Cover: Does anybody actually want multiplayer for this?
- Zeno Clash 2 Dated For "Spring" On PC, PSN & XBLA: First-person tribe punching FTW.
- Sony Patents Anti Pre-Owned Game NFC Tech: Sony going for the popular vote. For publishers.
- Jurassic Park Half-Life 2 Mod Looks Amazing: But will it actually become anything?
- Capcom: No "Late Ports" In The Pipeline For Wii U: Good, the bloody thing needs new games.
- Feast Your Eyes On Numerous Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Screenshots: Pretty, but the gameplay will have to be better than XIII-2.
- GameStick Kickstarter Beats Target After 3 Days: Plug and play mini-console get the job done fast.
- Rumour: Used Wii U Consoles Let You Download Previous Owner's Games, For Free: We're skimming over the fact that people are trading in their consoles already.
- 2012 UK Sales Post-Mortem: Consoles Slump, Digital Downloads Up: A terrible year for the highstreet too.
- GAME Stores To Run Dead Space 3 'Lock-Ins': Awesome! Oh, wait, none near me.
- DmC Sets A Low Difficulty Bar For New Users: Capcom keen for newbies to enjoy the game. Because the rest of us want Dante's head on a stick already.
- EA Tops UK Publishing Sales Charts In 2012: EA gives the finger to Acti and Ubi.
- Dante Struts His Stuff In DmC: Devil May Cry Trailer: He still looks like some c**t off Hollyoaks.
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 Trailer: Dynasty Warriors but not rubbish.
- Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed Review | Have SEGA Transformed The Kart Racer?: Buy this, you Mario-humping tarts.
- Skylanders Giants Review | Is Bigger Better?: Skylanders finds a way to make the toys more expensive.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified Review | Killer App or Killer Blow for the Vita?: Rarely has anything blown so much.
- Game of the Year Awards 2012 | Best Sports Game: Best in gaming P.E.
- Game Of The Year Awards 2012 | Best Download/Marketplace Game: Digital-only category.
- Game Of The Year Awards 2012 | Best Indie Game: The best game with an androgynous haircut.
- Game of the Year Awards 2012 | Best Portable Game: The best game you can put next to your crotch.
- Game of the Year Awards 2012 | Best RPG: Best beard.
- Game of the Year Awards 2012 | Best Shooter: Best way to shoot people in the face.
- Game of the Year Awards 2012 | Best Action/Adventure Game: Be Death. Be a Triad. Be a scarf.
- Dealspwn's Game of the Year 2012: Overall winner. Things got stabbed and eaten.
- Readers' Choice: Vote For Your Best Game Of 2012: Vote peasants!
- 2012: The Year In Review | Avoiding Implosion: Fucking Mayans. We're supposed to be living a debauched end-of-days lifestyle by now.
- The Underdogs Of 2012 | Top Ten Games You Didn't Buy: You bastards, how could you!
- Looking Ahead | Most Anticipated For 2013: What we want now.
- COMMENT | MiiVerse Is The Wii U's Secret Killer App: The best thing I've seen on the Wii U that's not Rayman.
- The Cave Hands-On Preview | When Seven Psychopaths Met A Talking Cavern: Ron Gilbert's latest gets the hands-on treatment.
- The Cave Interview | Ron Gilbert On Cavernous Depths & The State Of Adventure Games: A different Mr. Gilbert than the one in The Inbetweeners.
- The Sunday Seven: Gaming New Year Resolutions: Played Black Ops on the Vita yesterday. That's one failed already.