Steam tried to dominate the news this week by promising not one, but three revels. Well, they re-iterated that they would be letting other companies make Steam Machines, then announced their own operating system and finally unveiled a new controller. It's fine, we're all still playing GTA, so I doubt many people even noticed. We have a few new trailers for you from TGS including MGS, The Evil Within and more. There are also links to numerous dev sessions from the Eurogamer Expo.
Headlining our reviews section is Matt's extensive GTA V review. We also have verdicts on PC shooter, Alien Rage, pixelated horror title, Lone Survivor and last and probably least, Mechwarrior Online.
In our features there's a new report on SP and MP in COD: Ghosts, a preview and interview for Mad Max and also a report on the progress of the long-awaited Gunz 2. Jon takes another look at his dusty Ouya console and reports that you should probably still hold off buying one for yourself. I spent a few days at the Eurogamer Expo to get my hands on some new games and of course some new consoles. First up is my hands-on preview of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, with more on the way too.
- UK Games Charts | 21st September 2013: No surprises at #1.
- Deep Down Will Be Free To Play On PS4: Didn't see that coming to be honest.
- Metal Gear Solid V: 12 Minutes Of PS4 Footage Escapes TGS: Of course MGS has a lengthy video.
- GTA V Garage Glitch Fix On The Way, Promises Rockstar: Gamers get a taste of their own medicine from the game.
- Xbox One Can Instantly Multi-Task Between Four Apps: Handy for checking guides while playing.
- SteamOS Announced: New Linux-Based Operating System Designed For Living Room PCs: Get ready for series of non-news from Steam.
- Battlefield 4 Video Blows Out Weapon & Vehicle Customisation: Plenty of options in EA's shooter.
- Rocksmith 2014 Trailer Riffs On Guitarcade Minigames: Learn to play guitar and have fun?
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Official Video Blowout: Plenty to see from TGS.
- Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Trailer Goes In Heavy: We'll have an MP hands-on preview for you soon.
- Nosgoth Revealed: F2P Multiplayer Game Based On Legacy Of Kain: Not what we wanted at all.
- Valve Announces Range Of 'Steam Machines' Coming Next Year From Multiple Manufacturers: But they don't actually announce anything real.
- South Park: The Stick Of Truth Dated For December: Aiming for last-minute presents?
- Rockstar Reveals New Grand Theft Auto Online Details, Confirms Micro-Transactions: Should keep us going until the new consoles arrive.
- Latest WildStar DevSpeak All About Ability Mechanics: This is the way to do dev diaries.
- Sony: All Existing PS4 Pre-Orders Guaranteed Before Christmas: A big relief to current pre-order holders.
- [UPDATED] Star Citizen’s Crowd Funding Hits A Colossal $20 Million: Congratulations, you're the most successful beggars ever.
- PS4: Sony-Published Games Cost Between £54.99 & £59.99 At Suggested Retail Price: WTF, Sony!
- The Evil Within: Watch 12 Minutes Of Uncut Gameplay: Is this the savior of survival horror? Probably not.
- Beyond: Two Souls Can Be Played Using A Smartphone Rather Than DualShock: Cage aims for the casual players too.
- Valve Reveals The Steam Controller: No Thumbsticks, Two Trackpads, One Touchscreen: And some horrendously placed buttons.
- Dev Session Videos From Eurogamer Expo - Day 1: Killzone: SF and The Evil Within and more.
- Dev Session Videos From Eurogamer Expo - Day 2: Tearaway, Beyond, Dying Light and more.
- Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut PSN Review | True Horror In Two Dimensions: Pixelated pooh in your pants?
- Alien Rage Review | Not Quite Quake: 6/10, put pretty.
- Grand Theft Auto V Review | "You Are Alone, You Pathetic Psychopath": Matt's feeling let down by Rockstar's game.
- MechWarrior Online Review | World Of Wanzers: More like Mehwarrior.
- Mad Max Interview | Emil Kraftling On Cars, Combat, and Customisation: Matt digs up the info on the game.
- Mad Max Preview | Just Deserts: Will there be enough to do in the world?
- GunZ 2: The Second Duel Preview | Second Time Lucky?: It's taken a while, but it's almost here.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Preview | COD In Spaaaace: The biggest shooter is gunning for the competition.
- F1 2013 Interview | Greg Pryjmachuk On Classic Content And On-Track Improvements: Mid-race saves. Sounds like a plan.
- COMMENT | OUYA: Three Months On, Still A £100 Punt: Spot the incorrect letter on the final word of the title?
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Hands-On Preview: Take on MechaChrist with a whip!
- Game Buzz | Episode 48 - Steam Machines: Are we excited about Steam's 'news'?