The new Ouya console launched this week for anyone wanting to play Android games on their TV. Moving swiftly on, Microsoft finally ditched fees for developers to patch games which should mean they can afford to fix anything released in a broken state. Elsewhere, we've seen The Last of Us enjoy strong sales in Japan, but also get into trouble for accidentally including a phone number to a sexline in their game. As per usual, highlights to these and other stories including lots of trailers and dev diaries can be found below.
In the reviews we've been busy with Journey: Collector's Edition, Company of Heroes 2, Fireburst, Painkiller HD and Borderlands 2 DLC. You should say pfft to all of those though and buy the retrotacular chooper shoot em' up, Thunder Wolves instead. What a name.
Matt and Carl went to the Rezzed expo this week, getting lots of interviews with developers for upcoming indie and PC games. Matt's also been to get his hands on lots of new Nintendo titles including Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World. If that wasn't enough, he's also been out playing Saints Row IV. The git. I took a rather big leap with my Sunday Seven this week and looked at how Microsoft could still win next-gen.
- Respawn: No Singleplayer For Titanfall As On A "Small Percentage" Would Finish It: Well, there's another nail in the Xbone coffin from me.
- Cage: Being Divisive "Means You're Doing Something Meaningful": It's a good thing you actually make great games you bloody nonce.
- Monster Hunter Online Trailer Features CryEngine 3 Monsters and Hunting: Why do you hate PlayStation, Capcom?
- UK Games Charts | 22nd June 2013: The Last of Us maintain No.1.
- DICE Talk Frostbite 3 Improvements In New Video: Your move COD.
- Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep DLC Out Today (Have A Trailer): Dragons vs sword-spewing machine guns?
- Xbox One Headset Revealed, Won't Be Included In-Box: Because the Kinect is just as good? Hmmm.
- OUYA Officially Out Now: Or you could use your phone.
- Project X Zone Launch Trailer Rocks Out With Its Roster Out: Madder than a bag of hungry cats.
- Alienware: "Consoles Are Looking More And More Like PCs Every Day": But still half the price of a decent rig.
- Planetside 2 Getting Player-Generated Missions In August: Reasons to be cheerful for the PS4 release.
- Atlus' Parent Company Declares Bankruptcy: But game development 'not affected' apparently.
- REPORT: Microsoft Lift Patching Charges On XBLA: Microsoft do something nice for a change.
- Sony Fixes Borked PS3 Firmware Update: All for the sake of optional Trophy notifications.
- REPORT: Sony Sacrificed Compulsory PS4 Camera At Last Minute To Undercut Xbox One: An optional extra or have Sony cut off their nose to spite their face.
- Chart-Track: Xbox 360 UK Sales To Overtake Wii: Balance is restored by a grown-up console.
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Trailer Calls The Shots: Slightly more tactical than Gears of War.
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist Trailer Details Spies vs Mercs: Never played the classic match-up? Watch this.
- State Of Decay Patch Fixes A Hot Mess Of Issues: Wow. That is a damn long fix list.
- Xbox One Kinect Won't Be PC Compatible: Good old greedy MS are back.
- Telltale Developers Discuss The Walking Dead: 400 Days In New Video: No gameplay but some details about how the DLC fits into the legacy.
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Trailer Is Utterly Mad: Why isn't this coming to the Wii U? This would be a solid system seller, no?
- EA Admit Failings of Digital-Only Euro 2012 Release: Revised plans for World Cup 2014?
- Mark Cerny Talks 'The Road to PS4': PS4's lead architect talks us through the history.
- The Last of Us Patch Removes Sexy Phone Numbers: *Hit's Naughty Dog on the nose with rolled up Playboy.*
- The Last of Us is Big in Japan: Sony hit bucks the trend in style.
- Have 10 Minutes of Fresh Saints Row IV Footage: Where do they come up with this madness!
- Company of Heroes 2 Review | A Cold War: More World War II Sun Tzu.
- Journey: Collector’s Edition Review | Genesis to Greatness: An awesome game. With scarf bullying.
- Fireburst XBLA Review | Crash and Burn: Want to see what a 3/10 game looks like?
- Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Console Review | Comfortably Numb?: Stick with the PC version if you can.
- Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep Review | Crumpocalypse Now!: DLC tour goes out with a bang.
- Thunder Wolves Review | A Patchy Funship!: Try the demo and love it.
- Saints Row IV Hands-On Preview | Super Silly: Bring on the dub step gun this summer.
- Dealspwn @ Rezzed | Ethan: Meteor Hunter - Olivier Penot Interview: Our first Rezzed interview.
- Dealspwn @ Rezzed | Redshirt - Mitu Khandaker Interview: Matt chats to Mitu from The Tiniest Shark.
- Mario Kart 8 Hands-On Preview | Gravity Check: We drive Mario and co up the wall. In a good way.
- Super Mario 3D World Hands-On Preview | Catsuit Up!: Feline Mario. Sofa wrecking stage TBC.
- Game Buzz | Episode 37 - Hyper Controversy Super Remix Gaiden HD: The week's news on the podcast.
- Dealspwn @ Rezzed | WildStar - Max Matzenbacher Interview: One of the most promising MMO's on the horizon.
- Sunday Seven: How the Xbox One Could Win Next-Gen: I did well to get seven items.