Microsoft have made a great move in the console war this week by slashing the price of the Xbox One and announcing a killer Titanfall bundle that should see them shift some serious numbers in the coming weeks. Elsewhere, we've seen two sides of development hell as Sony Santa Monica saw huge layoffs and their unannounced game cancelled after four years of work. In Spain, an irate Mercury Steam employee blasted his boss and ripped into his own game, the criminally underwhelming Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. The devs of that new Duke Nukem' RPG are being sued too, but we're not bothered/surprised about that one to be honest.
A busy week in the reviews saw verdicts being dished out for Thief and Rayman Legends on the PS4, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and The Last of Us: Left Behind on the PS3 and Strider and Dead Rising 3: Chaos Rising on the Xbox One. The handhelds have been plugged in all week too as Jon covered a bizarre selection of titles including, Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Senran Kagura Burst and Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God - I swear he's making some of these up.
Despite the packed reviews section, we have loads of features for you too. Videos include Carl's weekly Reload show, Thief, WildStar, Murdered: Soul Suspect and GTA: Online. Articles include a preview of Murdered: Soul Suspect, a piece on choice in Thief, a look at licensed games, a comment piece on the Xbone price cut and a hard look at what's gone wrong with the Resident Evil series.
- Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction already in legal trouble, despite not even being revealed yet: How did they expect to get away with this?
- Xbox One gets official UK price cut & tasty Titanfall bundle: This console war just got tasty again.
- "Xbox, Broadcast" - full Twitch streaming coming to Xbox One next month: Do console gamers care about Twitch?
- Wii & DS online multiplayer shuts down in May: No more Mario Kart.
- God Of War studio cancels new IP after surprise layoffs and four years of work: We'll never know what it even was.
- 'Imagine paying 99 cents just to get Mario to jump higher' - cynical Nintendo shareholder proves Iwata right: Mobile madness or the future?
- Dead Nation, Tomb Raider & Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons free on PlayStation Plus next month: Who the hell wants to play Dead Nation again? And DriveClub is where?
- 'The game is a real piece of ****' - Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 staffer speaks out on development hell: See, it wasn't just me being mean.
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Review | The Vita's Killing Game: Cluedo meets Battle Royale?
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Review | Way Short of the Full Belmonty: What fresh hell is this?
- Thief Review | The Dark, Messy, And Slightly Broken Project: Could have been a lot worse.
- Dead Rising 3: Chaos Rising DLC Review | Retch Quest: More stinky DLC droppings.
- Senran Kagura Burst Review | Carry On Shinobi: Read, then delete your browser.
- Sorcery Saga: Curse Of The Great Curry God Review | Rogue-an Josh: WTF?!
- The Last Of Us: Left Behind Review | Friends Until The End: Way over-priced for the time it takes.
- Strider Review | Sharp Combat With A Shadow Complex: Why so grey, dude?
- Rayman Legends PS4 Review | Familiar, But Fantastic: Exactly how are you different to last year's version?
- Dealspwn Reload | Gaming SitRep - 24/02/14: What's ahead for the week?
- Resident Evil - What's Gone Wrong?: Having co-op and chest-high walls for a start.
- Opening Scenes | Thief Gameplay – First 15 Mins PS4 Footage: See how it begins for Garrett.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Stealth for Noobs and Vets - Customisation in Thief: As tough as you want.
- Customising Criminals - How Thief Looks To Satisfy All-Comers: Matt explains the virtues of choice in Thief.
- COMMENT | The Xbox One price cut is slightly insulting, desperate & utterly brilliant: Expect MS to see a sales boost.
- Thief PS4 Gameplay - Breaking and Entering | Dealspwn Playthrough: Matt goes on the rob.
- WildStar: The Noob #28 - It's A Trap!: Well, you will go around nicking things.
- Murdered: Soul Suspect Preview | Ghost Town: Time to find out who killed you.
- Murdered: Soul Suspect Interview | Airtight Games' Eric Studer On Ghostly Sleuthing: Can we die again or what?
- Game Night | Grand Theft Auto Online - Better With Water Cannons: Heading back to Los Santos.
- Amazing Adaptations: Licensed games can and SHOULD be better than their source material: Is South Park going to break the chain of guff?
- Game Buzz | Episode 66 - Well Played, Microsoft: The week's news discussed.